The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (7-2) are 2.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Texas Southern Tigers (4-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under is 139.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In eight of 10 opportunities (80%) this year, the Tigers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- In five of nine opportunities (55.6%) this year, UT Rio Grande Valley and its opponents have combined to score at least 139.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 145.6 points per game, 6.1 more points than the over/under of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- The Tigers and the Vaqueros have seen their opponents average a combined 2.1 fewer points per game than the over/under of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Tigers games this year is 3.7 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Vaqueros games this year is 0.3 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, putting up a 2-6 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Tigers have struggled to a 0-3 record ATS this season.
- Texas Southern has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 3 times in 8 contests (37.5%).
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has a 4-2 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their outings.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Vaqueros have a record ATS of 1-1.
- In most of UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 6 games, 33.3%).
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 14.8 points and distributing 3.5 assists.
- Texas Southern’s best rebounder is John Walker III, who averages 5.8 boards per game in addition to his 13.1 PPG average.
- Galen Alexander makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.2 per contest.
- Weathers is the Tigers leader in steals, averaging 2.5 steals per game, while Walker leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
UT Rio Grande Valley Leaders
- Sean Rhea sits at the top of the Vaqueros scoring leaderboard with 15.3 points per game. He also grabs 6.2 rebounds and racks up 0.8 assists per game.
- Quinton Johnson II is at the top of the Vaqueros rebounding leaderboard with 7.1 rebounds per game, and Javon Levi paces the team in assists with 5.7 per contest.
- Johnson is consistent from distance and leads the Vaqueros with 2.0 made threes per game.
- Levi (3.0 steals per game) is the steal leader for UT Rio Grande Valley while Rhea (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds