The No. 3 seed UC Riverside Highlanders (13-7) are 5-point favorites in the Big West Tournament quarterfinals over the No. 6 seed Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (12-9) on Thursday at Mandalay Bay Event Center. The game starts at 11:00 PM ET and airs on ESPN3, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UC Riverside (-5)||Over (134.5)||UC Riverside 72 Hawaii 66|
- In 50% of their opportunities this year (10 of 20 chances), the Highlanders and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 134.5 points.
- Hawaii and its opponents have combined to score more than 134.5 points in 15 of 21 opportunities (71.4%) this year.
- The Highlanders and the Rainbow Warriors combine to average 9.8 more points per game than the over/under of 134.5 set for this game.
- The Highlanders and the Rainbow Warriors have seen their opponents average a combined 1.7 less points per game than the point total of 134.5 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Highlanders have had set in matchups this year is 0.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Rainbow Warriors games this season is 8.2 more points than the point total of 134.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Highlanders put up 71 points per contest, just 1.7 more points than the 69.3 the Rainbow Warriors surrender to opponents.
- UC Riverside is 6-0 against the spread and 10-2 overall when scoring more than 69.3 points.
- Hawaii has a 2-6 record against the spread and a 4-5 record overall in games when it allows more than 71 points.
- The Rainbow Warriors’ 73.3 points per game are 9.8 more points than the 63.5 the Highlanders allow to opponents.
- Hawaii has gone 11-6 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 63.5 points.
- UC Riverside has an ATS record of 0-3 and a 1-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.3 points.
- The Highlanders have scored a total of 151 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.5 per game), and the Rainbow Warriors have out-scored opponents by 84 points on the season (four more per game).
UC Riverside Betting Information
- UC Riverside has struggled against the spread, going 9-10 on the year.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Highlanders have struggled to a 4-7 record ATS this season.
- The Highlanders have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 9 of 19 games (47.4%).
Hawaii Betting Information
- The Rainbow Warriors have a 6-7 record against the spread, covering in just 46.2% of their contests.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Rainbow Warriors have a record ATS of 0-2.
- Hawaii and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 9 of 13 (69.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||UC Riverside||-5||139||-226||+180||Regular Season||70-68 UCRVS|
|1/8/2021||UC Riverside||-5.5||129||-250||+200||Regular Season||88-83 HAWAII|
|3/1/2020||Hawaii||-4.5||125.5||-215||+170||Regular Season||49-43 UCRVS|
|2/20/2020||UC Riverside||-2||128.5||-139||+114||Regular Season||56-55 HAWAII|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-64 HAWAII|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-71 UCRVS|
UC Riverside Leaders
- The Highlanders scoring leader is Arinze Chidom, who averages 13.2 per contest to go with 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Flynn Cameron is the Highlanders leading rebounder, pulling down 5.5 per game, while Zyon Pullin is their best passer, distributing 4.4 assists in each contest.
- Wil Tattersall paces his teammates on the Highlanders with 2.0 made threes per contest.
- Cameron and Chidom lead UC Riverside on the defensive end, with Cameron leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Chidom in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Justin Webster puts up 12.7 points per game and is the top scorer for the Rainbow Warriors.
- The Hawaii leaders in rebounding and assists are Casdon Jardine with 5.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.1 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Biwali Bayles with 2.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.1 points and 3.2 rebounds per game).
- Webster is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Rainbow Warriors, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- The Rainbow Warriors’ leader in steals is Junior Madut with 1.0 per game, and Mate Colina is their leader in blocks with 0.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds