The No. 25 UConn Huskies (7-1) will try to build on a four-game win streak when they host the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (7-7) on Monday, January 18, 2021 at Gampel Pavilion as 8.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 2:30 PM ET on FOX. The matchup has an over/under of 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UConn (-8.5)||Over (143)||UConn 79 Saint John’s (NY) 67|
- In three of eight opportunities (37.5%) this year, the Huskies and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score at least 143 points in 78.6% of their games this year (11 of 14 opportunities).
- The Huskies and the Red Storm combine to average 9.1 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.7 less points per game (140.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- The average point total in Huskies games this season is 8.1 less points than the over/under of 143 in this matchup.
- Red Storm games this year have averaged an over/under of 157.5 points, 14.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Huskies score 73.1 points per game, 5.4 fewer points than the 78.5 the Red Storm allow.
- When UConn puts up more than 78.5 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- In games when Saint John’s (NY) allows more than 73.1 points, it is 2-6 against the spread and 4-5 overall.
- The Red Storm score an average of 79 points per game, 17.2 more points than the 61.8 the Huskies give up.
- In games it puts up more than 61.8 points, Saint John’s (NY) is 6-0 against the spread and 7-6 overall.
- UConn is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 79 points.
- The Huskies have totaled 91 more points than their opponents this season (11.3 per game on average), and the Red Storm have scored just seven more points than their opponents (0.5 per game).
UConn Betting Information
- UConn is strong against the spread, going 6-1 this season.
- The Huskies fare well when favored by at least 8.5 points, posting a 2-1 record against the spread.
- UConn and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 3 of 7 games this season (42.9%).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 6-7 ATS.
- The Red Storm have not fared well as an 8.5-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- The Red Storm and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 9 of 13 (69.2%).
- The Huskies scoring leader is James Bouknight, who averages 20.3 per contest to go with 5.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Tyrese Martin is the Huskies leading rebounder, grabbing 7.9 per game, while R.J. Cole is their best passer, averaging 3.8 assists in each contest.
- Tyler Polley contributes the bulk of the Huskies’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.3 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The UConn steals leader is Bouknight, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Isaiah Whaley, who compiles 2.4 rejections per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie has the top spot on the Red Storm leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 20.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Posh Alexander’s assist statline leads Saint John’s (NY); he dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Champagnie leads the Red Storm in three-point shooting with an average of 2.5 made threes per game.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s leader in steals is Alexander (2.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Champagnie (1.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds