The George Washington Colonials (1-6) are 5-point underdogs as they look to break a four-game losing streak when they host the UMass Minutemen (2-2) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Charles E. Smith Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMass (-5)||Over (152.5)||UMass 82 George Washington 76|
- In seven of four outings (175%) this year, the Minutemen and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 152.5 points.
- In four of seven games (57.1%) this year, George Washington and its opponents have combined to score more than 152.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 161.1 points per game, 8.6 more points than the over/under of 152.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.6 more points per game (156.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- The average over/under the Minutemen have had set in games this year is 12.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Colonials games this year have averaged a total of 152.7 points, 0.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
UMass Betting Information
- The Minutemen have been an even bet against the spread this season at 2-2.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Minutemen have put up a 1-1 record ATS.
- The Minutemen have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 0 times in 4 games this season.
George Washington Betting Information
- The Colonials have a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering just 28.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Colonials have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- George Washington and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 5 of 7 (71.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-51 GEOWS|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-67 GEOWS|
- Tre Mitchell leads the Minutemen in scoring and rebounding, putting up 22.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
- Noah Fernandes is UMass’ best passer, dishing out 5.6 assists per game while scoring 12.8 PPG.
- Carl Pierre’s 2.6 made threes per game lead the Minutemen.
- The UMass steals leader is Fernandes, who averages 2.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Mitchell, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
George Washington Leaders
- The Colonials’ James Bishop averages enough points (19.7 per game) and assists (6.1 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Matthew Moyer grabs 10.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.6 points per game and adds 0.8 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the George Washington rebounding leaderboard.
- Jamison Battle hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Colonials, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.5 per outing.
- Jameer Nelson Jr. (2.6 steals per game) and Hunter Dean (1.5 blocks per game) pace the Colonials in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found