The No. 2 seed Utah State Aggies (18-7) are 8.5-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 7 seed UNLV Rebels (12-14) in the MWC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Thomas & Mack Center, starting at 9:00 PM ET on CBS Sports.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Aggies and their opponents have combined for 136 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 25 opportunities (52%) this year.
- In 11 of 26 games (42.3%) this year, UNLV has combined with its opponents to score more than 136 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.5 more points per game (144.5) than this matchup’s total of 136 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.9 fewer points per game (130.1) than this matchup’s total of 136 points.
- The average point total in Aggies games this season is 1.2 more points than the over/under of 136 in this matchup.
- The average total in Rebels games this year is 1.3 more points than the point total of 136 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Aggies score 74.4 points per game, 7.2 more points than the 67.2 the Rebels give up.
- Utah State has a 14-4 record overall and an 11-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 67.2 points.
- When UNLV gives up more than 74.4 points, it is 1-7 against the spread and 0-9 overall.
- The Rebels score an average of 70.1 points per game, 7.2 more points than the 62.9 the Aggies give up.
- UNLV is 10-9 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 62.9 points.
- Utah State’s record is 2-5 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it allows more than 70.1 points.
- The Aggies have out-scored their opponents by a total of 287 points this season (11.5 points per game on average), and the Rebels have put up 74 more points than their opponents on the year (2.9 per game).
Utah State Betting Information
- The Aggies have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 13-9 record.
- The Aggies have posted a winning record of 7-3 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or higher.
- The Aggies have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 22 contests this season, a rate of 45.5%
UNLV Betting Information
- UNLV has a losing record against the spread, going 9-14 ATS (covering just 39.1% of the time).
- The Rebels have not fared well as an 8.5-point underdog, going 3-5 against the spread when they are at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- The Rebels and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 12 of 23 (52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||Utah State||-7||137||-315||+251||Regular Season||83-74 USU|
|1/25/2021||Utah State||-6.5||138.5||-302||+238||Regular Season||59-56 UNLV|
|2/5/2020||Utah State||-11.5||142.5||-803||+519||Regular Season||69-54 USU|
|1/1/2020||Utah State||-6.5||134||-299||+234||Regular Season||70-53 UNLV|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-65 USU|
Utah State Leaders
- The Aggies leader in points and rebounds is Neemias Queta, who scores 14.7 points and pulls down 9.9 boards per game.
- Rollie Worster leads Utah State in assists, averaging 3.5 per game while also scoring 9.1 points per contest.
- Brock Miller leads his teammates on the Aggies with 2.1 made threes per game.
- Justin Bean and Queta lead the Aggies on the defensive end, with Bean leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Queta in blocks averaging 3.0 per contest.
- The Rebels’ Bryce Hamilton puts up enough points (18.0 per game) and assists (3.0 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Cheikh Mbacke Diong’s stat line of 7.5 rebounds, 9.2 points and 0.7 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the UNLV rebounding leaderboard.
- David Jenkins Jr. contributes the bulk of the Rebels’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.8 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Rebels’ leader in steals is Caleb Grill with 1.3 per game, and Moses Wood is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds