The Rice Owls (8-2) are 7.5-point underdogs as they try to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the UTEP Miners (5-3) at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Don Haskins Center. The point total is set at 140.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UTEP (-7.5)||Over (140.5)||UTEP 75 Rice 68|
- In 25% of their games this year (two of eight chances), the Miners and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 140.5 points.
- Rice and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points in 70% of their games this season (seven of 10 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 157.8 points per game, 17.3 more points than the total of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 138.7 points per game, 1.8 less than the point total for this game.
- The Miners average point total in matchups this year is 143.8, 3.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Owls games this year have averaged an over/under of 152.8 points, 12.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Miners average 75.5 points per game, five more points than the 70.5 the Owls give up.
- UTEP has a 5-0 record overall and a 2-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 70.5 points.
- Rice has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when giving up more than 75.5 points.
- The Owls’ 82.3 points per game are 14.1 more points than the 68.2 the Miners allow to opponents.
- Rice has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 68.2 points.
- UTEP has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents put up more than 82.3 points.
- The Miners have out-scored their opponents by a total of 58 points this season (7.3 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 118 more points than their opponents on the year (11.8 per game).
UTEP Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Miners have covered four times in five contests.
- UTEP has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 3 of 5 games for a 60% rate.
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has a 5-2 record against the spread, covering in 71.4% of their matchups.
- The Owls have fared well as an 7.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- The Owls and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Rice||-3.5||141||-177||+142||Regular Season||77-72 UTEP|
|2/22/2020||UTEP||-3||142.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 UTEP|
|1/23/2020||UTEP||-3.5||142.5||-172||+138||Regular Season||72-64 UTEP|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-81 RICE|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-64 UTEP|
- Souley Boum leads the Miners in scoring, tallying 19.4 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Bryson Williams leads the Miners in rebounding, averaging 8.1 per game, while Jamal Bieniemy leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.6 in each contest.
- Boum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Miners, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
- The UTEP steals leader is Boum, who averages 1.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Tydus Verhoeven, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
- Max Fiedler has tallied 9.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game, putting him atop the Owls leaderboards in those categories.
- Quincy Olivari counts for 18.0 points per game, making him the top scorer on Rice’s squad.
- Olivari contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Owls. He makes 3.5 threes per game.
- Rice’s leader in steals is Travis Evee (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Fiedler (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found