The UTSA Roadrunners (7-8) are only 1-point favorites as they attempt to extend a three-game home winning streak when they take on the UTEP Miners (7-7) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at UTSA Convocation Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is 147.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UTEP (+1)||Under (147.5)||UTSA 73 UTEP 72|
- The Roadrunners and their opponents have combined for 147.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 15 opportunities (60%) this year.
- UTEP has played in four games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 28.6% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 147.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.2 more points per game (148.7) than this game’s total of 147.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game (147.2) than this game’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- The average point total in Roadrunners games this year is 5.8 more points than the total of 147.5 in this matchup.
- Miners games this year have averaged an over/under of 142.7 points, 4.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Roadrunners put up six more points per game (76.7) than the Miners allow (70.7).
- UTSA has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when putting up more than 70.7 points.
- UTEP has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall in games when it allows more than 76.7 points.
- The Miners put up an average of 72 points per game, only 4.5 fewer points than the 76.5 the Roadrunners allow to opponents.
- UTEP is 3-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it scores more than 76.5 points.
- UTSA has an ATS record of 1-8 and a 1-8 record overall when its opponents score more than 72 points.
- The Roadrunners have totaled just three more points than their opponents this season (0.2 per game on average), and the Miners have scored only 18 more points than their opponents (1.3 per game).
UTSA Betting Information
- UTSA has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 4-8 record.
- The Roadrunners have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -1 or bigger.
- UTSA and its foes have combined to cover the total in 6 of 12 games this season (50%).
UTEP Betting Information
- UTEP has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 6-5 ATS.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Miners have a record ATS of 2-2.
- UTEP and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 6 of 11 (54.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-70 UTSA|
|1/15/2020||UTEP||-6||141.5||-274||+213||Regular Season||80-77 UTEP|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-63 UTSA|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-60 UTSA|
- The scoring leader for the Roadrunners this season is Jhivvan Jackson, who averages 19.6 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game.
- Jacob Germany is the Roadrunners leading rebounder, pulling down 6.3 per game, while Keaton Wallace is their best passer, averaging 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Wallace leads the Roadrunners in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Jackson and Germany lead the Roadrunners on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Germany in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Souley Boum is the top scorer for the Miners with 17.1 points per game. He also adds 3.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- Bryson Williams is atop the Miners rebounding leaderboard with 6.4 rebounds per game, and Jamal Bieniemy paces the squad in assists with 4.8 per contest.
- Boum hits 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Miners.
- Boum (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for UTEP while Tydus Verhoeven (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds