The No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (8-1) are 9.5-point favorites as they look to continue a six-game winning streak when they host the Seton Hall Pirates (9-5) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at Finneran Pavilion. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup’s over/under is 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Seton Hall (+9.5)||Over (140)||Villanova 78 Seton Hall 69|
- In seven of nine outings (77.8%) this season, the Wildcats and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- Seton Hall has combined with its opponents to score more than 140 points in 10 of 14 games (71.4%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 155 points per game, 15 more points than the over/under of 140 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.9 fewer points per game (138.1) than this game’s total of 140 points.
- The average over/under the Wildcats have had set in matchups this year is 7.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Pirates games this season have averaged an over/under of 145.9 points, 5.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 80.1 points per game the Wildcats score are 9.1 more points than the Pirates give up (71).
- Villanova is 7-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- Seton Hall is 1-2 overall and 1-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 80.1 points.
- The Pirates average 7.8 more points per game (74.9) than the Wildcats give up (67.1).
- In games when it scores more than 67.1 points, Seton Hall is 9-0 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Villanova is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 74.9 points.
- The Wildcats have put up a total of 117 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 13 per game), and the Pirates have out-scored opponents by 55 points on the season (3.9 more per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Villanova has been good against the spread this season, posting a 6-3 record.
- The Wildcats have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -9.5 or higher.
- The Wildcats have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 4 times in 9 games this season.
Seton Hall Betting Information
- Seton Hall has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 9-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 9.5-point underdogs, the Pirates have a record ATS of 3-0.
- The Pirates and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 5 of 13 (38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Seton Hall||-3.5||140||-175||+144||Regular Season||79-77 VILL|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 SETON|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-75 SETON|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-52 VILL|
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads the Wildcats in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Collin Gillespie is the Wildcats best passer, distributing 4.2 assists per game while scoring 15.3 PPG.
- Gillespie’s 2.7 made threes per game lead the Wildcats.
- Gillespie is Villanova’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Robinson-Earl leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Seton Hall Leaders
- Sandro Mamukelashvili puts up 18.1 points per game and is the top scorer for the Pirates.
- The Pirates’ leader in rebounds is Jared Rhoden with 7.1 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Shavar Reynolds Jr. with 4.6 per game.
- Myles Cale is dependable from distance and leads the Pirates with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Seton Hall’s leader in steals is Reynolds with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Ike Obiagu with 3.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds