The No. 1 seed Virginia Cavaliers (18-6) are favored by 4 points in the ACC Tournament semifinals when they meet the No. 4 seed Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (16-8) Friday at Greensboro Coliseum, starting at 6:30 PM ET. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have combined to score more than 128.5 points in 50% of their games this season (12 of 24 opportunities).
- In 20 of 24 games (83.3%) this year, Georgia Tech has combined with its opponents to score at least 128.5 points.
- The Cavaliers and the Yellow Jackets combine to average 15.4 more points per game than the total of 128.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 130.3 points per game, 1.8 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Cavaliers average point total in matchups this season is 129.1, 0.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under for Yellow Jackets games this year is 16.6 more points than the point total of 128.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers average 68.6 points per contest, just 1.2 fewer points than the 69.8 the Yellow Jackets surrender to opponents.
- When Virginia totals more than 69.8 points, it is 10-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Georgia Tech has a 3-7 record against the spread and a 4-6 record overall when giving up more than 68.6 points.
- The Yellow Jackets put up 14.8 more points per game (75.3) than the Cavaliers give up to opponents (60.5).
- In games it scores more than 60.5 points, Georgia Tech is 14-0 against the spread and 16-6 overall.
- Virginia is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 75.3 points.
- The Cavaliers have scored a total of 196 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.1 per game), and the Yellow Jackets have out-scored opponents by 133 points on the season (5.5 more per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Cavaliers have covered 12 times in 23 contests.
- The Cavaliers fare well when favored by at least 4 points, posting a 10-8 record against the spread.
- The Cavaliers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 23 games this season.
Georgia Tech Betting Information
- The Yellow Jackets have a winning record against the spread, going 14-10 ATS (covering 58.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Yellow Jackets have a record ATS of 4-6.
- The Yellow Jackets and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 13 of 24 (54.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2021||Virginia||-4||126||-190||+155||Regular Season||57-49 VIR|
|1/23/2021||Virginia||-8.5||123||-433||+334||Regular Season||64-62 VIR|
|1/18/2020||Georgia Tech||-1||110.5||-111||-112||Regular Season||63-58 VIR|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-51 VIR|
- The scoring leader for the Cavaliers this season is Sam Hauser, who averages 16.0 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Jay Huff is the Cavaliers leading rebounder, grabbing 7.1 per game, while Kihei Clark is their best passer, averaging 4.6 assists in each contest.
- Hauser leads the Cavaliers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Reece Beekman is the Cavaliers leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Huff leads them in blocks with 2.6 per contest.
Georgia Tech Leaders
- Moses Wright puts up 17.5 points and 8.1 rebounds per game for the Yellow Jackets, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Jose Alvarado notches more assists than any other Georgia Tech teammate with 4.3 per game. He also averages 15.4 points and pulls down 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Michael Devoe connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Yellow Jackets, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.3 per game.
- Georgia Tech’s leader in steals is Alvarado (2.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Wright (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds