The No. 18 Virginia Cavaliers (7-2) are heavily favored (-10) to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-7) at 4:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The game airs on ACCN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 124.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Notre Dame (+10)||Over (124)||Virginia 73 Notre Dame 64|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have scored at least 124 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of nine outings (55.6%) this season.
- Notre Dame has played in eight games this year (out of nine total matchups — 88.9% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 124 points.
- These two teams average a combined 141 points per game, 17 more points than the total of 124 set for this game.
- The Cavaliers and the Fighting Irish have seen their opponents average a combined 10.4 more points per game than the over/under of 124 set in this outing.
- The average point total in Cavaliers games this year is seven more points than the total of 124 in this matchup.
- Fighting Irish games this year have averaged a total of 144.4 points, 20.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Virginia Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Cavaliers have covered five times in eight contests.
- When favored by at least 10 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-2 record.
- The Cavaliers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 3 of 8 games (37.5%).
Notre Dame Betting Information
- Notre Dame has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 3-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 10-point underdogs, the Fighting Irish have a record ATS of 0-1.
- The Fighting Irish and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 9 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/30/2020||Virginia||-7||124.5||-324||+258||Regular Season||66-57 VIR|
|2/11/2020||Virginia||-5||116.5||-227||+182||Regular Season||50-49 VIR|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-54 VIR|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-55 VIR|
- The Cavaliers leader in points and rebounds is Sam Hauser, who scores 13.7 points and grabs 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Virginia’s best passer is Kihei Clark, who averages 3.3 assists per game to go with his 10.7 PPG scoring average.
- Trey Murphy III makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
- Reece Beekman and Jay Huff lead Virginia on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.6 per contest.
Notre Dame Leaders
- Nate Laszewski records 17.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per game for the Fighting Irish, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Prentiss Hubb dishes out 4.7 assists per game, the most assists on the Fighting Irish.
- Laszewski leads the Fighting Irish in three-point shooting with an average of 2.3 made threes per game.
- Hubb (0.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Notre Dame while Juwan Durham (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found