The No. 16 Virginia Tech Hokies (13-4) visit the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-10) in a matchup of ACC teams at Watsco Center, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The Hokies are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 131.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (-3.5)||Over (131.5)||Virginia Tech 71 Miami (FL) 66|
- The Hokies and their opponents have recorded more than 131.5 points in 64.7% of their games this year (11 of 17 opportunities).
- Miami (FL) has played in 11 games this season (out of 17 total matchups — 64.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 131.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 138.3 points per game, 6.8 more points than the over/under of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.8 more points per game (134.3) than this game’s total of 131.5 points.
- The average total the Hokies have had set in matchups this season is 5.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Hurricanes games this season is 4.0 more points than the point total of 131.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hokies record 72.1 points per contest, just 2.7 more points than the 69.4 the Hurricanes surrender to opponents.
- When Virginia Tech totals more than 69.4 points, it is 8-2 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- Miami (FL) has put together a 2-4 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall in games when it gives up more than 72.1 points.
- The Hurricanes’ 66.2 points per game are only 1.3 more points than the 64.9 the Hokies give up to opponents.
- Miami (FL) has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-3 overall record in games it scores more than 64.9 points.
- Virginia Tech has an ATS record of 3-4 and a 3-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 66.2 points.
- The Hokies have put up a total of 121 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 7.2 per game), while the Hurricanes have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 54 total points, -3.2 per game).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Hokies have covered 10 times in 16 contests.
- The Hokies have struggled to cover, going just 4-5 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Hokies have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 7 times in 16 games this season.
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- The Hurricanes have a 7-9 record against the spread, covering in just 43.8% of their contests.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Hurricanes have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Miami (FL)’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 16 games, 37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2020||Virginia Tech||-7.5||131||-362||+281||Regular Season||80-78 VTECH|
|2/19/2020||Virginia Tech||-4.5||139||-204||+165||Regular Season||102-95 MIA|
|1/28/2020||Virginia Tech||-3.5||135||-178||+144||Regular Season||71-61 MIA|
|3/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-70 VTECH|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-70 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma leads the Hokies in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.7 points and 7.7 boards per game.
- Virginia Tech’s best passer is Wabissa Bede, who averages 2.9 assists per game to go with his 4.4 PPG scoring average.
- Jalen Cole leads the Hokies in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Virginia Tech steals leader is Bede, who averages 0.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Aluma, who compiles 1.4 rejections per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong racks up 17.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Hurricanes.
- Miami (FL)’s leader in rebounds is Nysier Brooks with 5.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Harlond Beverly with 3.4 per game.
- Wong hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hurricanes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per outing.
- The Hurricanes’ leader in steals is Beverly with 1.6 per game, and Brooks is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: UConn Vs Gonzaga Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Florida Atlantic vs Kansas State in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Elite Eight
- Miami vs Houston in March Madness: Odds, Analysis and Trends for Sweet 16
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Xavier vs Texas
- March Madness Odds: Sweet 16 Betting Analysis for Princeton vs. Creighton