Another week of NFL football is now in the books, and by the time we finish Week 9, every team in the league will be halfway through their season. The NFL Power Rankings will change between now and the end of the season, but it is beginning to look as though some teams are destined to either stay at or near the top, or down near the bottom, for the remainder of the season. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the current top and bottom 5 in the Power Rankings so you can continue making your bets against their NFL odds for the upcoming week’s slate of action.
Power Rankings Following Week 8 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – We are really looking at a bit of a 1a and 1b type scenario at the top right now, but the NFL official website has the Chiefs in as the top dog. The champs are 7-1 and totally dismantled the Jets this past week.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – I think a lot of people were looking at Week 8 as when we would find out if this Steelers team is for a real. A win on the road against the Baltimore Ravens would certainly suggest that they are. Pittsburgh remains the only unbeaten team in the league.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – While Tampa has looked great over the past few weeks, the Monday night game was not their best showing. They huffed and puffed and struggled to get past the Giants, but they are still deserving of a top 3.
- Seattle Seahawks – After taking their first loss of the season to the Arizona Cardinals last week, they needed a bounce back performance in Week 8. They got that with a convincing win over the San Francisco 49ers.
- Baltimore Ravens – With 2 losses on the season, there are some who would suggest that the Ravens should be outside the top 5. Let’s not forget, though, that those defeats have come versus the Chiefs and the Steelers.
- Washington Football Team – Washington had a bye in Week 8, and while they only have 2 wins on the season, they are not in the worst place possible. The NFC East is brutal, and Washington is still in the picture there.
- New York Giants – The Giants might actually have climbed out of the bottom 5 if they had gutted out a win on Monday night. Some feel they were robbed by a terrible PI call, but either way, it was still a loss, albeit one with some positives to draw upon.
- Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys fans will point to the fact that they have injury woes and are now playing with a 3rd string QB. The reality, though, is that this team was stinking it up even before the injury bug hit. The Steelers are up next, so things might just get even worse.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – With a thumb injury expected to keep Gardner Minshew out, the Jaguars will hand the QB reins to Jake Luton, a 6th round draft pick, this coming weekend. Don’t expect things to get better down in Jacksonville.
- New York Jets – We have reached the point of the season where we can now talk about the possibility of the Jets going 0-16. This organization is about as bad as it gets at the moment, so expect to see a major clearance once this year is over and done with.
NFL Betting News
- NFL Betting Rumors, Trades & News: Giants and Patriots Forced to Use 3rd QB, RB Javonte Injured
- Browns vs Falcons Odds Analysis for Week 4 of the 2022 NFL Season
- Bears vs Giants Odds Analysis for Week 4 of the 2022 NFL Season
- SNF Chiefs vs Buccaneers Odds Analysis for Week 4 of the 2022 NFL Season
- Cardinals vs Panthers Odds Analysis for Week 4 of the 2022 NFL Season