The most-watched Thursday night game in NFL history was last season’s matchup between the Cowboys and Saints in Dallas. The two NFC contenders meet in one of the marquee matchups of Week 4 on Sunday night with the Saints as short home NFL betting dogs without Drew Brees again.
How to Bet Cowboys vs Saints NFL Week 4 Lines & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- TV: NBC
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 4 Lines: Dallas Cowboys -3 (Total 47)
In Week 13 last year the Saints were on a 10-game winning streak when they lost 13-10 in Dallas. Ezekiel Elliott scored the only Dallas touchdown on a 16-yard screen pass and the Cowboys stifled Brees and the Saints.
New Orleans was shut out in the first half, had their fewest points in three years and finished with a season-low 176 yards. Brees had his fewest yards passing in a first half since joining the Saints in 2006 with 39, and couldn’t get a potential winning drive going in the final minutes. Jourdan Lewis’ interception gave the Cowboys a chance to run out the clock from the New Orleans 1 after an interference penalty in the end zone.
Why Bet on Dallas?
The unbeaten Cowboys are atop the NFC East. It’s the first time since 2008 they have started 3-0 and the sixth time in Jerry Jones’ tenure as owner. In four of the previous five times, they made the playoffs, including Super Bowl seasons in 1992 and 1995. The Cowboys with a win would be off to their best start in 12 years, since opening 5-0 in 2007.
The Cowboys overcame a poor first half to win Sunday over sorry Miami, 31-6. Dak Prescott completed 19-of-32 passes for 246 yards, two touchdowns and an interception, adding two rushes for seven yards and an additional score. His rushing score, his first of the season, came on a third quarter bootleg.
Prescott has yet to miss a pass in the third quarter through three games (22 of 22, 384 yards, three touchdowns), but the Cowboys have already exceeded their output in terms of touchdowns in their first drives of the second half. Last year, the Cowboys had one touchdown on their opening drive of the third quarter. This year, the Cowboys have scored a touchdown on all three opening drives of the third quarter.
Ezekiel Elliott rushed 19 times for 125 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys’ Week 3 win, adding two receptions for 14 additional yards. Elliott missed out on the opportunity for more yardage when the OC Kellen Moore turned to rookie Tony Pollard to close out the final drive. Pollard rushed 13 times for 103 yards and a touchdown.
Top WR Amari Cooper received an MRI Wednesday. It’s reportedly just a precautionary move on the organization’s part. Cooper infamously dealt with a foot/heel injury coming into the year but has since quieted any doubts of his health with a team-high four receiving scores through Dallas’ first three games.
- Points per Game: 33.00
- Passing Yards: 333.00
- Rushing Yards: 151.00
- Yards per Play: 7.62
- Points per Game: 19.00
- Passing Yards: 263.50
- Rushing Yards: 99.00
- Yards per Play: 5.99
Why Bet on New Orleans?
The Saints remain without injured Hall of Fame QB Drew Brees following thumb surgery. Quarterback Drew Brees is expected to return to New Orleans this week and wear a headset or earpiece on the sideline during Sunday’s game against the Cowboys, coach Sean Payton said.
Top Cowboys pass-rusher DeMarcus Lawrence does not believe much changes for the Cowboys’ pass rush with Teddy Bridgewater playing quarterback for New Orleans.
“We wear this three-letter word on our shirts and it’s ‘IDM.’ It means, ‘It doesn’t matter.’ So we played Brees last year and we came out with the win. Now we got Teddy Bridgewater and we got to come out with the win. It really doesn’t matter who we’re playing. It’s all about doing our job.”
Last week, New Orleans was a 33-27 upset winner in Seattle. Bridgewater completed 19-of-27 passes for 177 yards with two touchdowns while adding another 12 yards on three carries. Bridgewater wasn’t sacked and Payton simplified the offense for Bridgewater, who spent much of the day either handing off to Alvin Kamara or dumping off on short screens and check-downs.
Kamara had 161 scrimmage yards (92 receiving, 69 rushing) and two touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving) in the win. Kamara, who has 23 rushing touchdowns and 10 receiving touchdowns in 34 career games, is the fifth player in league annals with at least 20 rushing touchdown and 10 receiving touchdowns in his first three seasons, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, Chuck Foreman and Abner Haynes.
Saints punter Thomas Morstead was named the NFC’s Special Teams Player of the Week for the third time in his career after his dominant performance in Sunday’s win at Seattle. Morstead averaged 54 yards per punt on six punts.
- Points per Game: 19.50
- Passing Yards: 274.50
- Rushing Yards: 102.50
- Yards per Play: 6.18
- Points per Game: 27.50
- Passing Yards: 249.50
- Rushing Yards: 147.50
- Yards per Play: 6.62
Cowboys vs Saints NFL Week 4 Betting Trends
- Home team is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings
- Cowboys are 3-10-1 ATS in their last 14 games against an opponent in the NFC South division
- Cowboys are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in September
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Dallas’ last 14 games on the road
- Saints are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Saints are 16-4 SU in their last 20 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of New Orleans’ last 10 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Cowboys vs Saints
Dallas Cowboys 21 – New Orleans Saints 24
More NFL Week 4 Betting News
- Bengals vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Monday Night Pick
- Cowboys vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- Jaguars vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Seahawks vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Game Preview & Analysis
- Vikings vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Game Analysis
- Titans vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Preview & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Preview and Expert Pick
- Patriots vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread, Game Info and Betting Prediction
- Browns vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Analysis and Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Parlay Betting Picks
- Panthers vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview and Pick
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
Even More Cowboys vs Saints Archived Betting Articles
- 2022 NFL Best Parlay Picks for Week 3: Games you Must Wager On
- Cowboys 27 vs Saints 17 Result NFL Week 13 Score Thursday Night Football
- Dallas vs New Orleans TNF | Expert Analysis & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL 2021 Week 13 Against the Spread Betting Analysis & Picks
- NFL Super Bowl LVI Betting Odds Shifts After Week 10
- Thanksgiving Games: Early Preview & Betting 3 NFL Matchups
- NFL Mid-Season Betting Analysis and Predictions
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 4 ATS Betting Picks
- Odds to Win the Super Bowl 56 After 2021 Preseason Is Over
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 15 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 13 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 11 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 9 in 2020