The Green Bay Packers (12-3) take the field as 6.0-point favorites against the Chicago Bears (8-7) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Soldier Field. Both teams are on winning streaks, with Green Bay on a five-game run and Chicago winners of three in a row. The contest’s over/under is set at 50.5.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Packers Betting Insights
- Green Bay has compiled a 9-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Packers are 4-3 ATS when favored by at least 6.0 points.
- Green Bay’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 outings this season (53.3%).
- The Packers, on average, score 9.3 more points per game this season (31.6) than the Bears allow (22.3).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Green Bay is 7-0 and 7-0 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 22.3 points or fewer this year, the Bears have put together a 5-2 overall record and a 4-3 record against the spread.
Bears Betting Insights
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- Chicago has compiled an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Bears are 1-0 ATS when an underdog by at least 6.0 points.
- The Packers defense has allowed 23.5 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 23.7 the Bears have scored.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.7 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- Green Bay is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.5 points.
|Bears (+6)||Over (50.5)||Packers 27 Bears 23|
- In 60% of their games this year (nine of 15 chances), the Packers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 50.5 points.
- The Bears and their opponents have combined to score more than 50.5 points in 33.3% of their games this season (five of 15 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 4.8 more points per game (55.3) than this game’s total of 50.5 points.
- The Packers and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 4.7 less points per game than the over/under of 50.5 set for this game.
- The average point total in Packers games this year is 4.6 more points than the total of 50.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bears this season is 4.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Packers vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
Green Bay holds an edge against Chicago in the last five meetings between these two squads, putting together a 4-1 record in those games. In those games against the Bears, the Packers have a 3-0 record against the spread. Green Bay has had the scoring advantage in those five matchups, totaling 113 points while Chicago put up 88.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/29/2020||Packers||Packers||-8.00||44.50||-360||+300||393-351 GB||41-25 GB|
|12/15/2019||Packers||Packers||-4.5||41||-210||+180||429-292 CHI||21-13 GB|
|9/5/2019||Bears||Bears||-3||47||-167||+148||254-213 CHI||10-3 GB|
|12/16/2018||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||332-323 CHI||24-17 CHI|
|9/9/2018||N/A||Packers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||370-294 GB||24-23 GB|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Packers average total over the last three games is 0.8 points fewer than the 50.5 total given for this matchup.
- Green Bay has gone 1-2 against the spread and 3-0 overall over their last three games.
- The under has been familiar to Green Bay. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three games.
- The Bears total over the last three games is 3.2 points greater than the 50.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Chicago has been playing well lately, going 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 straight up over their last three contests.
- Chicago has gone over the total two times in their last three games.
Packers: DE Billy Winn: Out (Triceps), OT Rick Wagner: Questionable (Knee), G Lane Taylor: Out (Knee), FS Will Redmond: Questionable (Concussion), RB Tyler Ervin: Out (Ankle), ILB James Burgess: Out (Hamstring), NT Montravius Adams: Out (Toe), RB Jamaal Williams: Questionable (Quadriceps), CB Parry Nickerson: Out (Hamstring), FS Raven Greene: Out (Shoulder), TE Jace Sternberger: Questionable (Concussion), TE John Lovett: Out (Knee), CB Kabion Ento: Out (Foot), TE Josiah Deguara: Out (Knee), RB Patrick Taylor: Out (Undisclosed), C Jake Hanson: Out (Undisclosed), G Simon Stepaniak: Questionable (Knee)
Bears: CB Buster Skrine: Questionable (Concussion), WR Dwayne Harris: Out (Triceps), OT Bobby Massie: Out (Knee), TE Demetrius Harris: Questionable (Ankle), CB Artie Burns: Out (Torn Acl), DE Roy Robertson-Harris: Out (Shoulder), DB Tre Roberson: Out (Foot), RB Tarik Cohen: Out (Knee), WR Reggie Davis: Out (Undisclosed), G James Daniels: Out (Pectoral), K Eddy Piñeiro: Out (Groin), CB Michael Joseph: Out (Knee), TE Darion Clark: Out (Shoulder), CB Jaylon Johnson: Questionable (Shoulder)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Props to Must Bet and Earn Money this 2022-23 Upcoming Season
- NFL Betting Guide to Help You Handicap the 2022 Preseason
- Chicago Bears 2022 Season Betting Guide
- 2022 Pittsburgh Steelers Win/Loss Betting Prediction for the Upcoming NFL Season
- 2022 Seattle Seahawks Win/Loss Betting Prediction for the Upcoming NFL Season