There will be one more set of NFL Power Rankings to come after this weekend, but we may need to take those with a grain of salt because you can bet that some teams are going to be resting their best players this weekend. The Pittsburgh Steelers have already announced that they will be sitting Big Ben, with Mason Rudolph getting the start. These may be the most important rankings of the season, so let’s take our weekly look at the top and bottom 5 so you can keep making your bets against their NFL odds.
Power Rankings Following Week 16 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – The Chiefs have locked in the #1 seed in the AFC after dropping just 1 game through the first 16 weeks of the season. They are a great team, but they have also had some luck on their side, which makes them very dangerous.
- Buffalo Bills – The Bills have officially landed in the #2 seed in the AFC and they look very much like a Super Bowl contender. They destroyed the Patriots last week, making the point that the AFC East now belongs to them.
- Green Bay Packers – The connection between Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams is truly scary, which makes them one of the favorites to come out of the NFC. They are 12-3 right now, but they still need one more win this weekend to clinch the #1 seed.
- New Orleans Saints – Drew Brees is back in time for the playoffs, but it is Alvin Kamara who looks unstoppable right now. He had 6 rushing touchdowns in the Saints Week 16 win, which helped keep them in with a shot at the #1 seed.
- Baltimore Ravens – The AFC is crazy heading into the final week of the season, with 4 teams sitting with a 10-5 record. The Ravens are in that mix and in the playoffs, but a loss this weekend could see them fall out of the top 7.
- Houston Texans – If you want an idea of just how bad things are in Houston right now, without looking at their record, you need only listen to the rant from JJ Watt. All is not well in Houston, so expect some big changes this offseason.
- Cincinnati Bengals – It came a little too late to mean anything, but the Bengals have shown some life at the end of the season, winning 2 in a row. There is still a lot of work to be done for this team to be competitive.
- New York Jets – Following a similar pattern to the Bengals, the New York Jets have come strong at the end, winning back-to-back games. That also means that they are now out of the #1 pick in the draft, which may mean that they stick with Sam Darnold next season.
- Detroit Lions – This is a team that looks worse and worse with each passing week. There is about to be a major blow up this coming offseason, as the Lions really need to get into a serious rebuild sooner rather than later.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – If there is one positive thing to be taken from this season for the Jacksonville Jaguars, it is that they will have the #1 pick in the draft. That probably means having Trevor Lawrence as their QB next season.
NFL Betting News
- NFL Super Bowl 57 Betting Props & Picks: Jalen Hurts vs Patrick Mahomes
- Super Bowl LVII Betting Preview: Early Prediction for Eagles vs Chiefs
- Super Bowl 57 Betting Analysis: Eagles’ Road to the Big Game
- Super Bowl 57 Betting Analysis: Chiefs’ Road to the Big Game
- Philadelphia Eagles Betting Analysis: Why Will They Win the Super Bowl?