The Sydney Roosters will be looking to remain red-hot when they host the St. George Illawarra Dragons in their Round 7 NRL showdown on Friday. With the defending champs huge favorites at home and St. George looking to extend their surprising winning streak, let’s find out if the favored Roosters are the pick to get it done in this one so you can place your bets against their NRL odds.
NRL Dragons Vs Roosters Round 7
Why Bet On The Roosters at -909
The Roosters are sitting in fourth place in the NRL standings with eight points. The two-time defending champs have scored a league-high 175 points while allowing just 57 points defensively to own the league’s best point differential total (+118). Sydney has gone an identical 2-1 at home and on the road this season. Sydney has won four straight since the re-start and comes into this matchup off a convincing 24-10 win over previously unbeaten Parramatta that I correctly predicted in the MyBookie news section days earlier. Brett Morris, Boyd Cordner and Daniel Tupou all scored tries in the win while Kyle Flanagan went 2-for-3 on conversions and a perfect 4-for-4 on penalty goals. For this matchup, James Tedesco is scheduled to play despite taking a solid blow to the head last week. Sam Verrills and Lindsay Collins are set to replace Sitili Tupouniua and Mitchell Aubusson on the bench.
Why Bet On The Dragons at +550
The Dragons are sitting in 12th place in the NRL standings with four points. St. George has scored 94 points this season while allowing 120 points defensively (-26). The Dragons have gone an identical 1-2 at home and on the road. St. George comes into this matchup riding the wave of a modest two-game winning streak that includes a 30-16 home win over the Sharks in round 5 and a 20-8 road win over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday. Zac Lomax, Mikaele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira all scored on tries while Lomax went 3-for-3 on conversions and 1-of-2 on penalty goals in the win. For this matchup, Jason Saab replaces the suspended Jordan Pereira on the wing while Blake Lawrie starts at prop and Josh Kerr goes back to the bench. Jackson Ford replaces the Super League-bound James Graham on the interchange.
General Match Info St. George Illawarra Dragons (2-0-4) Vs. Sydney Roosters (4-0-2)
- When: Friday, June 26, 2020 at 4:55 AM AEST
- Where: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons Vs Roosters Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Roosters -909 / Dragons +550
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While St. George has played well their last two games, upsetting a red-hot Sydney squad looks to be too tall of a task to me. The Roosters are on fire right now as they come into this matchup having out-scored their last four opponents by the combined score of 153-28. The defending champs have been the best team in the league since the restart, they’re playing at home and taking on an overmatched opponent that has a losing record this season. Sydney wins and they win convincingly.
Pick: Roosters 36 Dragons 12
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 7 Matches
- Rabbitohs vs Panthers – Thursday 25th June, 05:50 AM | Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
- Warriors vs Storm – Friday 26th June, 04:00 AM | Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Cowboys – Friday 26th June, 01:00 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Titans vs Broncos – Saturday 27th June, 03:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Raiders vs Eels – Saturday 27th June, 05:35 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Sea Eagles – Sunday 28tht June, 02:05 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs – Sunday 28th June, 04:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney