The Brisbane Broncos and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles will both be going all-out for the victory when they square off in their Round 5 matchup of championship hopefuls on Thursday. With both clubs owning identical records coming into this affair, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their MyBookie NRL betting odds.
NRL Broncos Vs Sea Eagles Round 5
Why Bet On The Broncos at +310
Brisbane is sitting in 10th place in the NRL standings with 56 points scored and a league-worst 132 points allowed (-76).
The Broncos come into this affair off a pitiful 59-0 shutout loss against Sydney on Thursday that was the biggest loss in franchise history. Brisbane never got a single try in the loss while giving up 10 tries to the Roosters, nine of 10 conversions attempts and a field goal.
Now, heading into Round 5, reserve winger Corey Oates is finally set to get a shot in the second row. Last week’s back-rowers Jamil Hopoate and Ethan Bullemor are set to be benched following last week’s pathetic effort with Joe Ofahengaue likely to partner Oates. Jesse Arthars is expected to be dropped from the starting unit with Xavier Coates and Herbie Farnworth set to start on the flanks. Matt Lodge will move back into the starting lineup to reclaim his position in the starting front row alongside Payne Haas after playing off the bench in his first two games back from a knee injury.
Why Bet On The Sea Eagles at -400
Manly is sitting in eighth place in the NRL standings with 61 points scored and 51 points allowed defensively (+10). Manly put up a great effort in their narrow – and highly controversial – 19 -16 loss against top-ranked Parramatta on Saturday. Following the loss however, the NRL admitted that the Sea Eagles shouldn’t have been denied a game-winning try for a forward pass. Reuben Garrick scored a pair of tries in the defeat while Jorge Taufua and Dylan Walker added conversions in the close loss.
Expert Analysis and Predictions
While Brisbane has won two straight and four of five in this rivalry, including a convincing 26-10 road win on May 10, 2019, there’s no way I can encourage anyone in their right mind to back the Broncos in this contest. Brisbane has lost two straight by the combined score of 93-6 the last two weeks and I don’t see them getting their act together in order to take out a Manly club that cruised to a 32-6 win over the Bulldogs in Round 3 before narrowly pulling off a huge upset against the league-leading Eels in Round 4. Keep it simple and back the Sea Eagles to cover the chalk as the favorite in this affair against a Broncos team that can’t stop running water right now!
Pick: Sea Eagles 36 Broncos 10
General Game Info Brisbane Broncos (2-0-2) Vs Manly Sea Eagles (2-0-2)
- When: Thursday, June 11, 20202 at 4:50 AM AEST
- Where: Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Broncos Vs Sea Eagles Live: Nine/Fox
- Money Lines: Brisbane +310 / Manly -400 / Draw +1700
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 5 Matches
- Cowboys Vs Warriors – Friday 12th June, 04:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Panthers Vs Eels – Friday 12th June, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Titans Vs Rabbitohs – Saturday 13th June, 01:00 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Storm Vs Knights – Saturday 13th June, 03:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Raiders Vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 13th June, 05:35 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Roosters Vs Bulldogs – Sunday 14th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks Vs Dragons – Sunday 14th June, 04:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney