With the Penrith Panthers hosting the Newcastle Knights in a round 3 NRL matchup of unbeaten championship hopefuls, it’s time to find out which team is offering the best chance to cash in against their value-packed NRL betting odds. If you’re ready to find out whether the Panthers are the pick to get it done at home or whether the Knights are the better pick to play the role of road warriors, then let’s get to my expert NRL picks right now!
NRL Knights vs Panthers Round 3
Why Bet On The Panthers
Penrith is sitting in fifth place in the NRL standings with 52 points scored and 42 allowed (+10). The Panthers kicked off their 2020 campaign with a 20-14 home win over the Roosters on March 14 before edging the Dragons 32-28 on the road on March 20. Penrith has gotten a team and league-high 99 tackles from Hooker Apisai Koroisau while also getting team highs in points (24) and goals (10) from halfback Nathan Cleary. Prop, Viliame Kikau has recorded a team-high two tries. The Panthers have a 76 percent completion rate and 88.6 percent tackle efficiency while their average ball speed has been 3.39 seconds.
Why Bet On The Knights
The Knights are sitting in second place in the NRL standings with 62 points scored and 24 allowed (+38). Newcastle kicked off their 2020 campaign by beating the Warriors 20-0 at home on March 13 before backing that up with a 42-24 road win over the Tigers on March 22. The Knights have gotten a team-high 81 tackles from hooker Jayden Brailey while fullback Kalyn Ponga has a team and league-high 26 points to go along with a team-high 11 goals while winger Edrick Lee has recorded a team-high two tries.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Knights have won 19 of 35 all-time head-to-head meetings, but the Panthers have won each of the last two meetings, most recently, recording an emphatic 54-10 spanking of Newcastle the last time they met back on September 8 of 2019. While Penrith is at home in this Round 3 pairing, I’m going to back Newcastle to pull off the big road win seeing as how they’ve put an impressive 62 points on the board through two games. Again, I like Newcastle’s high-scoring ways so far and I believe they will eke out the super narrow victory in this affair!
Pick: Newcastle 32 Penrith 28
General Game Info Newcastle Knights (2-0-0) vs. Penrith Panthers (2-0-0)
- When: Saturday, may 30 at 12:00 AM
- Where: Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Knights vs Panthers Live: Fox
- Money Lines: Newcastle Knights +115 / Penrith Panthers -139
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 3 Matches
- Eels vs Broncos – Thursday 28th May, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Rabbitohs vs Rooster – Friday 29th May, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Warriors – Saturday 30th May, 01:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- West Tigers vs Sharks – Saturday 30th May, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Raiders vs Storm – Saturday 30th May, 05:35 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles – Sunday 31st May, 04:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Titans vs Cowboys – Friday 29th May, 04:00 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville