The Melbourne Storm will be looking to take care of business when they host the visiting South Sydney Rabbitohs in their Round 4 NRL matchup on Friday night. With both teams looking to bounce back from humbling losses the last time out, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds.
NRL Rabbitohs vs Storm Round 4
Why Bet On The Storm
Melbourne won their first two games of the season by beating the Eagles and Sharks in rounds 1 and 2, but the Storm never challenged in their 22-6 round 3 loss against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday. Melbourne got one try from Dale Finucane and a conversion from Cameron Smith in the loss, but it wasn’t enough to overcome four tries by the Raiders and three conversions.
Melbourne has scored and allowed an identical 36 points, but they’ve lost their only home contest this season. Storm coach Craig Bellamy was upset with his team’s effort following the loss.
“I was a little bit embarrassed by that performance,” Bellamy said. “We were a long way away from doing the things that we practiced to do. We certainly need a little mentality adjustment.”
Why Bet On The Rabbitohs
South Sydney lost their second straight in losing to longtime rivals, Sydney, 28-12 on Friday. Cameron Murray and Thomas Burgess had tries in the loss while Adam Reynolds went 2-for-2 on conversions. Still, it wasn’t enough as Sydney ripped off five tries and converted four of five times in the impressive win for the two-time defending champions. The Rabbitohs have scored 52 points through three matches while allowing 68 (-16).
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While both of these teams are coming off humbling loss this past week, Melbourne has been solid at both ends of the pitch while South Sydney has been mediocre at best defensively in allowing 16 more points this season than they’ve scored. Yes, the Rabbitohs have put 16 more points on the board than Melbourne, but they’ve also allowed 32 more points than the Storm. With South Sydney going 0-2 on the road so far this season and Melbourne failing to win their only home date, I say,back the Storm to win what looks like a hard-fought affair just waiting to happen!
Pick: Storm 22 Rabbitohs 18
General Game Info South Sydney Rabbitohs (1-0-2) vs. Melbourne Storm (2-0-1)
- When: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:55 AM ET
- Where: AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Rabbitohs vs Storm Live: Nine/Fox
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 4 Matches
- Roosters vs Broncos – Thursday 4th June, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Warriors vs Panthers – Friday 5th June, 04:00 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Sea Eagles vs Eels – Saturday 6th June, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Cowboys – Saturday 6th June, 05:35 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Knights vs Raiders – Sunday 7th June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Wests Tigers vs Titan – Sunday 7th June, 04:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Dragons vs Bulldogs – Monday 8th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney