The fifth week of play in the Premier League took place after a two-week break for international matches and just before the initial round of group stage games in the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Champions League, which both take place in the midweek. The upcoming flurry of activity will expose which teams are ready – and which teams are not.It didn’t look like Liverpool was quite ready this past Saturday, as they headed to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United. Normally a tilt between two of the titans of English soccer betting, this was definitely an underwhelming match as Man U rolled over Liverpool, 3-1. The Red Devils opened up a three-point advantage over the Reds in the Premier League table, and it looks like Man U will be more able to handle the toll of competing both internationally and in the league at the same time than Liverpool. When you have a dense schedule, your team needs quality from top to bottom and team chemistry. Along with Manchester City and Arsenal, Man U looks the most ready for the packed weeks ahead. Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Liverpool still look like they have some work to do.
Here is a look at some of the rest of the action around the league.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2022 FIFA World Cup Betting Analysis: Is Denmark Good Enough to Win the Title?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup Betting Analysis: Top Three Key Players for Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina
- Top UEFA European Clubs Betting News: Lukaku On Loan to Inter, Barcelona Sill Trying to Get Lewandowski
- Top 2022 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle v Sporting KC, Austin v Dallas, San Jose v Galaxy
- Canada Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- Uruguay Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- 2022 U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals Matches to Bet On Tuesday
- Top UEFA European Clubs Betting News, Rumors and Transfer Negotiations
- Top 2022 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle at LAFC, Austin FC vs Montreal
- Early 2022 MLB Playoffs Betting Predictions: Teams that Have Disappointed But Could Reach Postseason
- Saudi Arabia Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- Ecuador Odds to Win the FIFA World Cup and Will They Move to Round of 16
- 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Betting: Costa Rica vs New Zealand Odds & Pick
- Top 2022 CONCACAF Nations League Odds: USA vs El Salvador Must Bet
- Top 2022 UEFA Nations League Matches: Italy vs Germany Must Bet On Tuesday