Over the course of a long season in the NBA, you expect teams to rise and fall, with the cream eventually finding its way to the top. This is certainly something we have seen by taking a look at the NBA Power Rankings every week, but as the season progresses, we are seeing the top few teams remain consistent, while the teams sitting just below take turns popping in and out of the top 5. It is much the same story this week, with the top 4 remaining the same as last week. Let’s now take a look at the current top and bottom 5 in the NBA Power Rankings so you can keep betting against the NBA Odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 17
- Phoenix Suns – There were some who looked at the Phoenix Suns run to the NBA Finals last season as a bit of a fluke, but they are proving all the detractors wrong, sitting atop the Western Conference with a 2 ½ game lead.
- Golden State Warriors – The Warriors remain in the #2 spot, but they are rolling at the moment. The Warriors are on a 9-game win streak that came after a little bit of a stumble. It’s more than fair to suggest that they are right back on track.
- Memphis Grizzlies – If you look at the top 6 in the Western Conference, all you see are teams on winning streaks. The Grizzlies are in that mix, winning 2 in a row and 7 of their last 10 to stay in the 3rd spot in the West.
- Miami Heat – Things are a good deal tighter over in the Eastern Conference, but are we finally beginning to see some separation. The Heat remain at the top after winning 3 in a row to get to 35-20 on the season.
- Milwaukee Bucks – The inconsistency of the defending champions can be seen by their popping in and out of the top 5. They have been in good form of late, winning 3 in a row and 7 of their last 10 to get within a game of the #1 spot in the East.
- Sacramento Kings – The Kings are coming off a win last time out and remain just 2 games back of the play-in line. That is not a particularly great resume, though, especially with just 2 wins in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – No change at this spot either, as the Thunder continue to fail to impress. They have lost 2 in a row and are just 2 games ahead of the Houston Rockets at the bottom of the Western Conference.
- Houston Rockets – As we just mentioned, the Rockets continue to dwell in the cellar of the Western Conference. They have lost 2 in a row and are 3-7 in their last 10, so there is little to suggest that they might move up.
- Orlando Magic – It’s not reason to get excited, but the Magic have moved off the bottom of the Power Rankings after winning 4 of their last 10 games. They have lost the last 2, though, so how long they remain off the bottom remains to be seen.
- Detroit Pistons – A winless week and a 4-game losing skid means that the Pistons are officially back at the bottom of the heap.