The holiday season is upon us, and while some league go dark for a day or two, the NBA always has a jam packed Christmas schedule. There is a lot to look forward to, but for now, we are going to look back and see how the action from the previous week impacted the NBA Power Rankings, as per ESPN. The first thing that jumps out is that we have a new team sitting at #1. Whether it remains that way after this week remains to be seen, but let’s take our weekly look at the top and bottom 5 teams in the rankings for Week 9 so you can keep betting against the NBA odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 9 of 2021 Season
- Phoenix Suns – The team that lost in the NBA Finals last season had a slow start to the season, but that hangover has long since passed. The Suns are now 21-4 on the years, are winners of their last 2, and have gone 9-1 in their last 10.
- Golden State Warriors – Their reign at the top of the rankings is over, but I wouldn’t be feeling too bad for the Warriors right now. They lost their final game of last week to fall to 7-3 in their last 10, but they are still a healthy 21-5 overall.
- Utah Jazz – We have ourselves a mover this week, with the Jazz jumping from #6 in Week 8 to the #3 spot this week. That is all thanks to a run that has seen them win 7 in a row, which was good enough to get them into 3rd in the Western Conference.
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets dropped another spot in the rankings as the Eastern Conference got a little tighter. The Nets are on top for the moment, but there is just 6 games separating 1st from 10th there, so expect more changes to come.
- Milwaukee Bucks – The Bucks ended last week on a high note, winning back-to-back games to move to 8-2 in their last 10. They are a game and a half out of first and looking to run down the Nets at the top of the East.
- Houston Rockets – After a solid run of form that saw them jump 4 places in last weeks rankings, the Rockets fell back to earth a little and are on a 2-game losing skid. Still, their 7-3 record in their last 10 is not to be sneezed at.
- New Orleans Pelicans – It’s the same position for the Pelicans this week, who received more bad news about the Zion Williamson foot injury. You feel that their season is on hold until he returns, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – We do have a little change at the bottom, with the Thunder moving up a spot from their previous week ranking. It’s small consolation for a team that has managed just 8 wins on the season.
- Orlando Magic – With the Thunder moving up a spot, it is the Orlando Magic who take a tumble down to #29. They have lost 5 in a row and have just 1 win in their last 10 games, but things could always be worse.
- Detroit Pistons – Yes, being worse means being part of the Detroit Pistons franchise. They are in the midst of a nightmare season and are on a run of 12 straight losses. There appears to be no help in sight for the Pistons.