After a fantastic UEFA Champions League Season, the final is here. On Saturday, May 29, two of the best teams in the English Premier League throw down when Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea squad takes on Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City team. The Blues versus the Sky Blues for the UCL trophy should be an exhilarating match. Check out current Champions League odds, analysis of both squads, as well as a free pick for the 2021 Champions League Final.
Updated Chelsea vs Man City Betting Odds & Analysis – 2021 Champions League Final
2020-2021 UEFA Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Man City Odds & General Match Info
- When: Saturday, May 29 at 3:00pm ET
- Where: Estadio do Dragao, Porto, Portugal
- Moneyline Odds: Manchester City -121 / Chelsea +304 / Draw +199
- Handicap Odds: Chelsea +½ (-109) / Manchester City -½ (-121)
- Over / Under Odds: O 2 ½ (+123) / U 2 ½ (-172)
Why bet on Chelsea?
Since Thomas Tuchel took over as manager, Chelsea has become one of the best club teams in Europe. Chelsea’s turnaround in the Champions League is nothing but remarkable. The Blues beat Atletico Madrid, Porto, and Real Madrid to secure their spot in the final. They’ve also beaten Man City twice this season. Why couldn’t they best their rivals one more time?
Chelsea Last 5
- L – 2-1 vs. Aston Villa
- W – 2-1 vs. Leicester City
- L – 0-1 vs. Leicester City
- L – 0-1 vs. Arsenal
- W – 1-2 vs. Manchester City
Chelsea Starting Lineup – Projected
Why bet on Manchester City?
Pep Guardiola is a magician manager. Guardiola wanted to ensure his players were in the best shape possible to beat Chelsea in the finals. So what did he do? He rested his best players against Chelsea, Brighton & Hove, and Newcastle. Then, he unleashed them against Everton in Man City’s final EPL match. The 5-0 victory tells us City is on their toes and ready to roll.
Manchester City Last 5
- W – 5-0 vs. Everton
- L – 3-2 vs. Brighton & Hove
- W – 3-4 vs. Newcastle
- L – 1-2 vs. Chelsea
- W – 2-0 vs. Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester City Starting Lineup – Projected
- De Bruyne
UEFA Champions League Finals Betting Prediction
A few weeks ago, the draw represented the best bet. Why? There was a reason to question the Sky Blues’ form. Man City had lost to Chelsea, had to fight hard against Newcastle, and looked lethargic in a loss to Brighton.
But Pep had a plan all along. Get his best players’ legs underneath them and try out some things in the final few EPL games to set up a blistering attack in the UEFA Champions League Finals.
The 5-0 victory over Everton says it all. Kevin De Bruyne, Gabriel Jesus, and Philip Foden all scored. Sergio Aguero scored 2.
Chelsea and their fans should be worried. Yes, the Blues have beaten the Sky Blues twice this season, but part of being an excellent soccer manager and coach is knowing which games to settle your players and which to let them loose.
Guardiola knows that as well as any manager on the planet. Not only that, but Thomas Tuchel has a win, a draw, and 4 losses in 6 head-to-head battles against Pep.
Tuchel is bringing the proverbial knife into a gunfight. His team doesn’t have the firepower to hang. City rolls.
UCL Finals Pick: Manchester City handicap
Soccer Betting News
- European Leagues Betting Update: Bayern Shows They Still Rule the Bundesliga
- UEFA Europa League Betting Analysis for Matchday 3
- UEFA Champions League Betting Analysis: Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid Highlights Matchday 3 Action
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Seattle Visits Colorado and Wants Revenge
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Playoffs Are Getting Closer