Okay CFL betting enthusiasts, with the 2019 Grey Cup Championship showdown set to cap off what has been another thrilling CFL campaign, it’s time to take a look at this year’s title tilt and the two teams that will brawl for it all. Will the red-hot and favored Hamilton Tiger-Cats cap off their stellar 2019 campaign with a championship win or will Winnipeg take care of business at home to pull off the huge upset? With both teams going all-out for the win in this one, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their CFL odds.
Hamilton vs Winnipeg 2019 Grey Cup Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: IG field, Winnipeg, MA
- TV: TSN
- Live Stream: CFL.ca
- CFL Odds: Hamilton -3.5 / Total: 52
Why Bet On Hamilton?
There are a bunch of great reasons to back Hamilton to get it done in the Grey Cup title tilt. First and foremost, Hamilton is on fire, having won an impressive seven straight games. More importantly, the Tiger-Cats looked absolutely phenomenal in routing Edmonton 36-16 in last weekend’s Eastern Conference finals.
Hamilton is also the statistically better team on both sides of the ball in this championship matchup and rank a stellar first in scoring (30.6 ppg) and points allowed (19.1 ppg). Another good reason to back the Tiger-Cats is the fact that they’ve won both regular season meetings against the Eskimos by recording a 23-15 home win in July and a 33-13 road victory on September 27. Last but not least, Hamilton has the more prolific quarterback in this matchup in veteran, Dane Evans.
- Tiger-Cats are 8-1-2 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- Tiger-Cats are 7-1-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win.
- Tiger-Cats are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Tiger-Cats are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 playoff games.
Why Bet On Winnipeg?
While Winnipeg narrowly got past Saskatchewan 20-13 in last weekend’s Western Conference Finals, there are some good reasons to back the Blue Bombers in this contest. First and foremost, Winnipeg has won three straight while holding each of their last two opponents to 14 points or less. This contest will also be a home affair for the Blue Bombers and they’ve won two straight in their comfy confines. Last but not least, Hamilton’s only loss in their last 10 games came on the road.
- Blue Bombers are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 home games.
- Blue Bombers are 16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 games following a straight up win.
- Blue Bombers are 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games following a ATS win.
- Blue Bombers are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games overall.
- Blue Bombers are 27-11 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blue Bombers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 playoff home games.
2019 Grey CupExpert Analysis and Prediction
I won’t waste a whole lot of time making my CFL Grey Cup pick, simply because I fully believe that Hamilton is going to roll all over Winnipeg to get the championship-winning victory. Hamilton has been the best team in the CFL on both sides of the ball all season, not to mention, they’ve won nine of their last 10 games.
While Winnipeg has won three in a row, the Blue Bombers are just 4-4 over their last eight games and that kind of mediocrity is why they’re going to lose at home against the superior Tiger-Cats. Hamilton has gone 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 road dates against Winnipeg while also going 4-0-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings overall.
The Tiger-Cats are also 5-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record and 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 road games. Dane Evans tops the 300-yard passing mark to lead Hamilton to the huge Grey Cup win and ATS cover.
Pick: Hamilton 33 Winnipeg 21