Creighton Pirates at Seton Hall Bluejays Game Info
With a good portion of the month of February now in the books, you can bet that some teams are starting to cast an eye towards the tournament in March. Coaches always talk about focusing on the present and the next game up, but it’s only human to look ahead and think about how things might play out in March Madness. It is the teams who are able to maintain their focus who will head into the tournament with the best possible seeding. The jockeying for those rankings really begins to get serious now, with wins against ranked teams the most effective way of making a move in the right direction. We have one of those types of games set to go on Wednesday night, with the #23 ranked Creighton Blue Jays heading to New Jersey to face the Seton Hall Pirates , who are currently sitting at #10. The Pirates lead the conference coming into this one, but the Bluejays could make things interesting with the win. The college basketball betting lines show Seton Hall as favorite with a 5½ point spread and a total set at 146½.
Creighton vs Seton Hall 2020 College Basketball Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, February 12 at 6:30 PM EST
- Where: Prudential Center, Newark
- TV: ACC Network
- Stream: ESPN App, Sling TV, Hulu Live
- Opening NCAAB Lines: Seton Hall -5½ / Total 146½
Why Bet on the Creighton Bluejays?
While the current standing in the Big East might suggest that the Creighton Bluejays have not shot at winning the regular season title, keep in mind that these two will hook up twice in the final few weeks of the season. As it stands right now, Creighton are 18-6 on the season and 7-4 in conference play. While their overall records are similar, it is Seton Hall who have excelled in the Big East, racking up 10 wins to open a big lead at the top. Things have been better for the Bluejays of late, though, winning 5 of their last 6 games, with the lone loss being a blowout against Providence where the Bluejays were in as the underdog. Creighton are 4-1 ATS in their last 5, but are just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings with Seton hall, as well as being 3-7 SU in the last 10 against the Pirates.
Creighton Bluejays 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats
- Creighton are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Creighton are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- Creighton are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Seton Hall.
- Creighton are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Seton Hall.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Creighton’s last 14 games on the road.
- Creighton are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Seton Hall.
- Creighton are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Creighton are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big East conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Creighton’s last 11 games played in February.
- Total Score: 77.29
- Field Goal %: 46.61
- Three Point %: 37.29
- Free Throw %: 72.94
- Total Rebounds: 35.13
- Total Score: 69.38
- Field Goal %: 41.66
- Three Point %: 30.40
- Free Throw %: 72.62
- Total Rebounds: 37.13
Why Bet on the Seton Hall Pirates?
By looking at the Seton Hall Pirates and their current national ranking, you can see just how important it is to win those tough conference games. At 18-5, they have a very similar regular season win/loss record when compared to Creighton, but it is their 10-1 record in the Big East that has them 13 ranking points higher than their conference rivals. It is not too crazy to suggest that a win in this one on Wednesday night would all but secure the regular season conference title for the Seton Hall Pirates. They did have a loss to Xavier recently, but have bounced back with 2 wins a row to get to 9-1 SU in their last 10. Against teams from the Big East, the Pirates are 12-3-1 ATS in their last 16.
Seton Hall Pirates 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats
- Seton Hall are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 games.
- Seton Hall are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seton Hall’s last 7 games against Creighton.
- Seton Hall are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games at home.
- Seton Hall are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Creighton.
- Seton Hall are 12-3-1 ATS in their last 16 games against an opponent in the Big East conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seton Hall’s last 5 games played in February.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seton Hall’s last 5 games played on a Wednesday.
- Total Score: 74.26
- Field Goal %: 44.56
- Three Point %: 32.96
- Free Throw %: 69.63
- Total Rebounds: 37.78
- Total Score: 65.39
- Field Goal %: 38.86
- Three Point %: 29.36
- Free Throw %: 69.42
- Total Rebounds: 37.04
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
On paper, these two would appear to be very evenly matched, but with the Pirates on a bit of a tear right now and sitting at 9-2 in home court, you would expect them to extend their lead at the top of the conference with a win in this one.
Creighton Bluejays 68 – Seton Hall Pirates 72 | Bet Now