If you ever doubt that the city of Philadelphia loves its sports teams, you should know that the Philadelphia 76ers rank #28 in the league in attendance so far in the 2015-16 NBA betting campaign. Even though the Sixers have opened the year 0-18, there are two teams who are drawing fewer people. The 2014 draft was even more bizarre. Hinkie used his first draft choice to take Joel Embiid, a talented center with a hurt foot. His second draft choice went on Elfrid Payton, whom Hinkie then shipped out of town for Dario Saric’s rights. Saric won’t be in the NBA until the 2016-17 season, if then. Hinkie also shipped Carter-Williams (the 2014 rookie of the year, of all things) for a draft choice. Embiid is still on the shelf, and Saric is still on a Turkish team’s roster. Nerlens Noel is now healthy, and the Sixers chose Jahlil Okafor with the #3 pick this year. However, Okafor got in trouble for speeding on the Ben Franklin Bridge, so Hinkie might suspend him so Okafor can’t help the team. This means that the Sixers only have one player older than 24, the 25-year-old Robert Covington. The two players that the team is paying the most, JaVale McGee and Gerald Wallace, have been signed and waived – this way the Sixers meet the minimum salary but don’t have quality players that might win. It seems certain, though, that the Sixers will have another terrific draft choice next year. So what will they do? Next year they could have Okafor, Embiid, Noel and Saric playing on the floor, plus two more lottery picks, if the pick they got from the Lakers falls right. So they could be good soon – or it could be several more years. For the time being, though, please bet on the opposition. Every night.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top NBA Week 1 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week
- NBA Rumors: Wiggins Gets COVID Vaccine, But What About Kyrie?
- NBA Preseason Top Value Games
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals