Our student body has helped us win a ton of games in my 15 years at ND. We think this is a great way to thank them. pic.twitter.com/OsQgMCSfQ8— Mike Brey (@NDMikeBrey) October 6, 2015
We’re still a month or so from the start of the NCAA basketball season, but the talk is already starting to swirl among College basketball betting fans. Let’s take a look at some of the most recent rumors n the sport. Notre Dame has decided to make tickets to men’s basketball (and ice hockey) available for free to students. All they have to do is pick up the tickets to the games ahead of time. As Mike Brey, the men’s basketball coach, said it on Twitter:
The Fighting Irish made it all the way to the Elite Eight for the first time in nearly 40 years, so I would imagine that the students will start getting over there quickly.
If you’re a fan of North Carolina basketball, then their uniforms should be reassuringly familiar to you. They’re white and baby blue, with that traditional Argyle pattern along the leg and the sides of the jersey. This year, of course, their basketball team rolled out black uniforms. They plan to wear them in Brooklyn when they play UCLA on December 19 up there.
VCU fans may be worried about what their team will look like without Shaka Smart on the sideline. He has led VCU into national prominence for the past few seasons, making it into the NCAA tournament five years in a row and winning at least 26 games each year. Now, Will Wade is set to take the reigns, and you can expect to see similar results from the new coach. After all, he transformed Tennessee-Chattanooga’s basketball team around over two seasons, winning 40 and losing 25. His teams finished as runners-up in the Southern Conference each season. The two seasons before he was the head coach, the Mocs just went 24-40.
This past year, their offense was second best in terms of points scored, and then they also had the second best margin of victory in the Southern Conference. Briante Weber picked up 31 steals in just eight conference play games. His injury brought the best out in his backups, as they continued to grab turnovers. When his season ended with an injury, his fellow guards supported home down the stretch.
There is plenty of VCU talent on the bench. He has three of the team’s top scorers from last year (Mo Alie-Cox, JeQuan Lewis and Melvin Johnson). Johnson can shoot the three, which means defenses will have to expand to stop it. He was #6 in the conference for three points made, and he could push VCU into the Atlantic-10’s top three n terms of scoring. Hopefully, the vigor and energy he brings to the sideline will translate into more victories for his team.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- College Basketball News & Rumors: Transfer Portal Rule Change, Coaches Sign Ups & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAB Update – April 5th Edition
- #1 Baylor vs. #1 Gonzaga national championship game | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #2 Houston vs. #1 Baylor NCAA Tournament Final Four | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- 2021 College Basketball Championship Odds Update Mar. 30th
- #11 UCLA vs. #1 Michigan NCAA Tournament Elite Eight | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #6 USC vs. #1 Gonzaga NCAA Tournament Elite Eight | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #12 Oregon State vs #2 Houston NCAA Tournament Elite Eight | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #3 Arkansas vs #1 Baylor Tournament Elite Eight | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAB Update – March 29th Edition
- #7 Oregon vs #6 USC | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #11 UCLA vs #2 Alabama | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #4 Florida State vs #1 Michigan | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #5 Creighton vs #1 Gonzaga | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #11 Syracuse vs #2 Houston | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis