Miami hopes to stamp a mediocre season with a win in the 2019 Independence Bowl. The Miami Hurricanes’ opponent on Thursday, Dec. 26 are the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. Will La Tech play Miami tough as a +6 underdog? Or, will the Hurricanes win and cover at Independence Stadium in Shreveport? Check out the college football odds, a preview, and a free pick for the 2019 Independence Bowl!
Louisiana Tech vs Miami 2019 Independence Bowl Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Thursday, Dec. 26 at 4:00 pm ET
- Where: Independence Stadium, Shreveport, LA
- TV: ESPN
- ATS Odds: Miami -6
- Over/Under Odds: 50
- Mostly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 78%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Wind: 5 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 72%
- Type of Stadium: N/A
Why the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs are a good bet +6?
Both Marshall and Alabama-Birmingham beat Louisiana Tech in 2 out of their last 3 games. The Bulldogs won their final regular-season game, though. They beat the University of Texas-San Antonio 41-27. La Tech also went 5-2 ATS in their final 7 games. In what amounts to a home contest on Thursday, the Bulldogs should cover.
- Total Yards: 445.2
- Passing Yards: 277.3
- Rushing Yards: 167.9
- Points Scored: 34
- Total Yards: 393.4
- Passing Yards: 247.8
- Rushing Yards: 145.7
- Points Allowed: 23.7
Why the Miami Hurricanes are a good bet -6?
The Hurricanes battled in the ACC. The Atlantic Coast Conference is much better than the Sun Belt where Louisiana Tech plays. Although the Hurricanes finished 6-6, they had some bright moments during the regular season. They beat conference runner-up Virginia 17-9, Pittsburgh 16-12, and rival Florida State 27-10. The Hurricanes allow 20.8 points per. They can beat and cover against La Tech on Thursday.
- Total Yards: 379.7
- Passing Yards: 257.2
- Rushing Yards: 122.5
- Points Scored: 27.8
- Total Yards: 307.8
- Passing Yards: 197.9
- Rushing Yards: 109.8
- Points Allowed: 20.8
2019 Independence Bowl Betting Trends for Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs Miami Hurricanes
- Bulldogs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 bowl games
- Louisiana Tech is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on grass
- Bulldogs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games as an underdog
- Under is 8-1 in Louisiana Tech’s last 9 games after an ATS loss
- Miami is 4-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Hurricanes are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 neutral site games
- Miami is 1-7 ATS in their last 8 bowl games
- Under is 5-1 in Hurricanes last 8 games as a favorite
Louisiana Tech vs Miami Independence Bowl Final Betting Analysis
Miami played in the better conference but they didn’t play well in their last 2 regular-season games. Florida International beat Miami 30-24 on Nov. 23. The Hurricanes entered the game a -21 favorite. In their matchup right after, Miami lost 27-14 to Duke.
We don’t know which Miami team shows up on Dec. 26. Will it be the team that throttled Florida State? Or, will it be the team that lost SU to the Florida International Panthers?
What we know about Louisiana Tech is that they can score points. The Bulldogs average 34 points per game. The defense isn’t terrible. It allows 23.7 points per. Ruston, where Louisiana Tech is located, is 1 hour and 15 minutes away from Shreveport. This is a La Tech home game. Back the Bulldogs ATS.
Independence Bowl Free Pick: Louisiana Tech +6
More College Footbal Bowls Betting News
- #12 Oklahoma State vs #25 Texas | NCAAF Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NCAAF 2021 Season: Top 25 Wagering Options & Analysis Update
- NCAAF 2021 Season Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks & Predictions
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- Updated National Championship odds: Ohio State back in business
- Appalachian State vs. Louisiana | Tuesday Night NCAAF
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings Betting Analysis After Week 6
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 7 SU Betting Picks to Wager On
- Top 2021 NCAAF Week 7 Matches to Must Watch and Bet On
- Football NCAA – Top 25 Analysis and betting opportunities
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NCAAF 2021 Season Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks & Predictions
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings After Week 5 of the 2021 Season
- 2021 NCAAF Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks to Wager On