Just a couple of starts into his NFL career, Jaguars rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew II already has become one of the league’s most popular players. He looks to get the Jags to 2-2 on Sunday as they visit the winless Broncos, who are field-goal NFL betting favorites.
Jaguars vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, 4:25 PM ET
- Where: Empower Field at Mile High
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM/NFL
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 4 Odds: Denver Broncos -3 (Total 39)
Teams last met in Week 13 of 2016 in Jacksonville when the Jaguars were horrible and they lost 20-10 at home. Bradley Roby returned an interception 51 yards for a touchdown for the then-defending Super Bowl champion Broncos. It was one of three turnovers for Denver’s defense.
Offensively, the Broncos were 1 for 13 on third downs and finished with just 206 yards. Jacksonville had a chance to tie in the final minutes, but Blake Bortles fumbled trying to make a play in the pocket. He’s long gone.
- Sunny: 31°C/87°F
- Humidity: 21%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 1%
- Wind: 19 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Jacksonville?
The Jags are on extra rest as they improved to 1-2 with last Thursday’s 20-7 win over Tennessee. The Jaguars tormented an overmatched and overwhelmed Marcus Mariota to the tune of nine sacks. Calais Campbell had three and was named AFC Player of the Week.
Rookie sensation Gardner Minshew completed 20-of-30 passes for 204 yards and two touchdowns in the win. Minshew was the best quarterback on the field by a long shot. Despite occasional driving rain, Minshew was giving his receivers the opportunity to make plays down the field. Minshew could have had a bigger night, but he received a drop-filled performance from his pass catchers, particularly Dede Westbrook. The slot man muffed at least three catches, including what should have been a touchdown.
D.J. Chark caught 4-of-5 targets for 76 yards and a touchdown in the win. Chark continued to emerge as the Jaguars’ No. 1 receiver, scoring for the third time in as many games. He has now cleared at least 55 yards each time out, and 75 yards twice. Leonard Fournette rushed 15 times for 66 yards, adding six catches for 26 additional yards. Fournette looked bad until a 69-yard fourth quarter run.
What about the running game?
Coach Doug Marrone made it pretty clear that the blame for the Jaguars’ inability to effectively run the ball has nothing to do with Fournette but the offensive line. Fournette is averaging just 1.8 yards before contact, which means he’s getting hit pretty much as soon as he gets to the line of scrimmage.
“I feel like we aren’t giving Leonard a chance,” Marrone said. “Things are happening too close to the line of scrimmage or even on our side of the line of scrimmage. I think the first thing we have to emphasize is creating that push or being able to get into the line of scrimmage before something happens.”
Will Ramsey play?
Will Jacksonville have Pro Bowl cornerback Jalen Ramsey for Jaguars vs Broncos? Not looking like it. He played last Thursday but wants a trade and hasn’t bothered practicing this week. He claimed he was sick once and had a sore back another time. Ramsey has not rescinded his trade request, which he made after the Jaguars’ 13-12 loss at Houston on Sept. 15. Jaguars owner Shad Khan, however, does not want to trade Ramsey.
- Points per Game: 19.33
- Passing Yards: 243.00
- Rushing Yards: 90.67
- Yards per Play: 6.34
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 254.67
- Rushing Yards: 110.00
- Yards per Play: 5.53
Why Bet on Denver?
The Broncos are winless and the first team in NFL history to go three straight games without both a sack and a turnover – Denver is the only team in the NFL without at least one of either. The Broncos are just the eighth team since the 1970 merger to not have a sack through three weeks of a season and the first since the 2007 Saints. Sacks did not become an official statistic for individual players in the league until 1982.
Doesn’t make much sense on a team with Von Miller, one of the premiere pass-rushers in all of the NFL with 98 sacks to his name, Bradley Chubb (12 sacks last season) and a great secondary. Miller has had short strings of sack-less games in the previous three seasons. He went the last four games of 2016 without a sack, the last three games of 2017 without any and he went three games in a row last season.
In the first three games combined, the Broncos have held the lead for all of 11 minutes, 49 seconds with all of that time coming during the Week 2 loss to the Bears. Denver lost 27-16 at Green Bay last week. Joe Flacco completed 20-of-29 passes for 213 yards and one interception. He has been awful.
Phillip Lindsay rushed 21 times for 81 yards and two touchdowns in the win and also caught 4-of-5 targets for 49 yards. Royce Freeman rushed 15 times for 63 yards. Freeman missed some time with a shoulder injury, which led to Lindsay’s two goal-line touchdowns.
Broncos cornerback Bryce Callahan will undergo foot surgery and miss at least four more weeks. Callahan has yet to play a snap for the Broncos after signing a three-year deal in offseason from the Bears. Chris Harris, Isaac Yiadom, and Kareem Jackson have been handling corner duties.
On defensive end Derek Wolfe’s ankle injury, Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday: “They came back better than we were initially worried and Derek is doing much better, he has a chance this week, but he’ll be questionable all week.” Wolfe left Sunday’s loss in Green Bay with just over 13 minutes remaining in the second quarter after being “leg-whipped” by a teammate.
- Points per Game: 15.00
- Passing Yards: 265.50
- Rushing Yards: 92.50
- Yards per Play: 5.38
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 189.50
- Rushing Yards: 125.50
- Yards per Play: 5.73
Jaguars vs Broncos NFL Week 4 Betting Trends
- Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Denver
- Road team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Underdog is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Jaguars are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- Jaguars are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played in September
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Broncos are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in week 4
- Broncos are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the AFC South division
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Denver’s last 8 games at home
Expert Final Score Prediction for Jaguars vs Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars 16 – Denver Broncos 13
More Week 4 NFL Betting News
- Ravens at Steelers NFL Week 4 Spread & Prediction
- 49ers vs Chargers NFL Week 4 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Bengals vs Falcons NFL Week 4 Odds & Game Analysis
- How to Bet Browns at Raiders NFL Week 4 Lines
- Seahawks vs Cardinals NFL Week 4 Spread & Prediction
- Lions at Cowboys NFL Week 4 Lines & Expert Pick
- Saints vs Giants NFL Week 4 Odds & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Broncos NFL Week 4 Spread & Betting Pick
- Dolphins at Patriots NFL Week 4 Lines & Game Info
- Buccaneers vs Bears NFL Week 4 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Bills at Packers NFL Week 4 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Colts NFL Football Week 4 Odds & Pick
- How to Bet Jets vs Jaguars NFL Week 4 Lines
- Vikings vs Rams NFL Week 4 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
Even More Jaguars vs Broncos Archived Betting Articles
- Broncos 23 vs Jaguars 13 Result NFL Week 2 Score
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Broncos vs Jaguars Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Regular Season Week 2 SU Betting Picks
- NFL 2020 Week 9 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 4 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 ATS Picks
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Jaguars vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Bad Teams that Could be Good NFL Betting Picks in 2019
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Denver at Jacksonville Odds, Betting Pick & TV Info
- Cash in on NFL Picks & Odds Predictions for Week 15
- Kick Your NFL Betting Action With These Sure Winners for Week 1