The Thursday night game to kick off Week 8 looks like a major bore as the Minnesota Vikings are the biggest NFL betting favorites on the Mybookie Week 8 board when they host the one-win Washington Redskins.
How to Bet Redskins vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Odds & Game Info
- When: Thursday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: US Bank Stadium
- TV: Fox/NFL Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Minnesota Vikings -15.5 (Total 42)
- Partly Cloudy: -2°C/29°F
- Humidity: 68%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 41%
- Wind: 5 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Indoor
Redskins vs Vikings Last Meeting
Ironically, the last time these teams met in 2017 the starting quarterbacks were with the opposing teams for Thursday. In Week 10 of that season in Maryland, the Vikings won 38-30. The Vikes’ Case Keenum threw touchdowns to four different receivers to build a big lead – Keenum is now with Washington. Keenum was 21 of 29 for 304 yards and TD passes to Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, David Morgan and Jarius Wright.
Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins had three TDs — two rushing and one passing — and was 26 of 45 for 327 yards with an interception. Cousins is now with the Vikings.
The Redskins are 13-13 all-time against the Vikings, including postseason play.
Why Bet on Washington?
The Redskins were 9-0 home losers to San Francisco on Sunday to drop to 1-6. Case Keenum completed 9-of-12 passes for 77 just yards. It was a tough matchup for Keenum, who was sacked three times. With the Redskins offense stalling out, there was some chatter he could be pulled for Dwayne Haskins in the fourth quarter but the rookie didn’t see action.
Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan confirmed Case Keenum will remain the starter for Thursday night’s game. “We still have a lot of faith in Case and his ability,” said Callahan.
Adrian Peterson had 20 carries for 81 yards against the 49ers. The Redskins remained run-heavy under Callahan, but they had just one red-zone trip and failed to score any points. Peterson has racked up 20-plus carries in back-to-back weeks as the focal point of the new-look Redskins offense that has scored 17 points in eight quarters under Callahan.
Washington was without a handful of injured guys vs. the Niners, including running back Chris Thompson, tight end Vernon Davis and cornerback Josh Norman. Davis (concussion) was listed as a limited participant in Monday’s practice. Thompson (toe) was listed as a DNP in Monday’s practice.
This marks Washington’s eighth meeting in the last 10 seasons with Minnesota. Since 2010, the only years in which the teams have not played one another were the 2015 and 2018 seasons. Including postseason play, the Redskins are 6-6 all-time on the road against the Vikings.
The Redskins are 4-5 all-time in Thursday games played on dates other than Thanksgiving Day. A win would give the Redskins a victory in a Thursday game other than Thanksgiving Day for the first time since a 24-16 win at home against the Chicago Bears on Dec. 6, 2007.
- Points per Game: 15.00
- Passing Yards: 204.50
- Rushing Yards: 81.50
- Yards per Play: 5.03
- Points per Game: 27.83
- Passing Yards: 251.00
- Rushing Yards: 134.00
- Yards per Play: 5.70
Why Bet on Minnesota?
The Vikes won their third in a row Sunday, 42-30 in Detroit. Minnesota strung together back-to-back touchdown drives in the second quarter and has scored at least 21 points in the first half in consecutive games for the first time since late in the 2014 season.
Kirk Cousins completed 24-of-34 passes for 337 yards and four touchdowns. Adam Thielen’s (hamstring) first half departure following a 25-yard touchdown failed to slow Cousins down. The Vikings have discovered something special in their play-action play-calling the past three weeks, allowing Cousins to stay clean for a total 976 yards, 10 touchdowns and 75 percent completion rate in that span. Cousins has thrown six TDs using play action including three Sunday and had at least 150 yards passing using play action in these games. He had one such game with the Vikings prior.
Cousins is the first Vikings QB with consecutive games with four touchdown passes since Daunte Culpepper in 2004. Cousins is also the first quarterback in NFL history to have three consecutive games with at least 300 passing yards and a passer rating of 130 or higher.
NFL leading rusher Dalvin Cook rushed 25 times for 142 yards and two touchdowns in Minnesota’s Week 7 win over the Lions. He has now either eclipsed the 100-yard barrier or scored in 6-of-7 performances on the season. Minnesota was 5-for-5 once moving the football inside the Detroit 20-yard line and scored touchdowns on all four times it earned a goal-to-go.
Thielen (hamstring) was listed as a DNP for Monday’s practice and isn’t likely to play Thursday. Thielen is reportedly aiming to return in Week 9 against the Chiefs. The Vikings will go with Stefon Diggs and Olabisi Johnson in two-receiver sets during his absence.
- Points per Game: 25.00
- Passing Yards: 213.33
- Rushing Yards: 159.00
- Yards per Play: 6.29
- Points per Game: 15.50
- Passing Yards: 218.83
- Rushing Yards: 91.50
- Yards per Play: 4.80
Redskins vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Betting Trends
- Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Minnesota
- Home team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Underdog is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 meetings
- Redskins are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games this season
- Redskins are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
- Vikings are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games played in October
- Vikings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games when playing at home against Washington
Expert Final Score Prediction for Redskins vs Vikings
Washington Redskins 10 – Minnesota Vikings 24
More Week 8 NFL Betting News
- Saints vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- NFL Week Eight Picks w/ Bill Burr (Ep. 622)
- How to Bet Packers at Rams NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
- 49ers vs Cardinals NFL Week 8 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Colts vs Raiders NFL Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Jets vs Bears NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Preview
- How to Bet Ravens vs Panthers NFL Week 8 Spread
- Buccaneers vs Bengals NFL Week 8 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Seahawks vs Lions NFL Week 8 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Browns vs Steelers NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Week Eight NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 620)
- Redskins vs Giants 2018 NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Jaguars NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick