NFL Week 2 Lines & Betting Analysis on Vikings at SteelersWhen: Sunday, September 17 at 1 PM EST Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh TV: FOX Radio: KFXN-FM 100.3 FM (Minnesota) / WDVE-FM 102.5 (Pittsburgh) NFL Week 2 Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -6 (110)
Why Bet on the Minnesota Vikings?The 29-19 win that the Vikings picked up over the New Orleans Saints in Week 1 was as convincing as the final score suggests. Sam Bradford picked the Saints defense apart time and again, and the Minnesota defense was as smothering as we thought they would be this season. The issue here is that they are going against a much tougher team this week, and one that is looking to impress after a less than impressive showing in the opening week of the season. Hence, the Vikings have had the better of their recent meetings with the Steelers winning back to back games, although their last meeting came back in 2015. In addition, the Vikings have been an excellent ATS bet, going 15-7 in their last 22, although their recent road form has left a lot to be desired. Thus, the Vikings are 1-5 SU and ATS in their last 6 road games, which helps explain why they are coming into this one as a 6-point underdog.
NFL Week 2 Betting Trends
- The Minnesota Vikings are 5-7 ATS in its last 22 NFL games
- Minnesota Vikings are 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota Vikings’ last 5 NFL games
- Minnesota Vikings are 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
- The Minnesota Vikings are 1-5 ATS in its last 6 NFL games on the road
Why Bbet on the Pittsburgh Steelers?The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming into this season as one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but they did not look like a championship winning team in Week 1. They were expected to trounce the Cleveland Browns on the road, but ended up escaping with a 21-18 win. For the most part, the explosive Steelers offense was kept on check, and it was really only Antonio Brown who did any damage, racking up 182 yards of offense. LeVeon Bell did not look very good, but that was perhaps to be expected after sitting out the entire preseason. This offense will be just fine, and should start to find their rhythm once Bell gets his game legs back. Pittsburgh are a tough nut to crack at Heinze Field, going 11-2 in their last 13 home games, straight up. They do have a tendency to keep things close, though, and are just 2-3-1 ATS in their last 6 home games. Despite their high-powered offense, the Steelers have only seen 7 of their last 24 games go OVER the point total.
NFL Week 2 Betting Trends
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 NFL games
- Pittsburgh Steelers are 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Pittsburgh Steelers’ last 24 NFL games
- Pittsburgh Steelers are 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-2 SU in its last 13 NFL games at home