While they won’t be in the upcoming NHL playoffs, the Anaheim Ducks will look to put up another solid effort in order to get the big upset over the defending Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues when they square off at the Honda Center on Wednesday night. With these two playing polar opposite hockey recently, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds for the Blues vs Ducks.
Blues vs Ducks 2020 NHL Game Preview & Betting Odds
- When: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Honda Center
- TV: FS-West, FS-Midwest
- NHL Odds: St Louis Blues -1.5 / Total: TBA
Why Bet On St. Louis
The St. Louis Blues have dropped two of three after winning their previous eight and come into this contest off a 2-1 loss against Florida on Monday. Colton Parayko had the lone goal for St. Louis.
“Back-to-back games, I didn’t think we had a ton of jump,” St. Louis coach Craig Berube said following Monday’s loss. “I thought our first period was pretty good, second period was just OK, and the third period was kind of an even period for me. … We just didn’t execute on some plays offensively. It’s tough to win only scoring one goal.”
The Blues are the better statistical team at both ends of the ice and have gone a solid 18-12-4-1 on the road this season.
- Goals For: 3.2
- Shots For: 30.7
- Power Plays: 24.2
- Face-Offs: 51.6
- Goals Against: 2.7
- Shots Against: 29.6
- Penalty Kills: 80.1
- Shutouts: 2
Why Bet On Anaheim
The Ducks are out of playoff contention, but they’ve won three of their last four including a convincing 5-2 win over Ottawa on Tuesday as Nicolas Deslauriers recorded his first career hat trick. Rickard Rakell had a goal and an assist and Jakob Silfverberg added a goal in the win as well. Veteran Ryan Miller has stopped 65 of the 72 shots he faced the last two games with No. 1 goalie John Gibson out due to a groin injury. Anaheim has gone 16-14-5 at home this season.
- Goals For: 2.5
- Shots For: 29.9
- Power Plays: 13.8
- Face-Offs: 50.5
- Goals Against: 3.2
- Shots Against: 31.9
- Penalty Kills: 76.7
- Shutouts: 5
Blues vs Ducks Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of St. Louis’ last 12 games.
- St. Louis are 9-2 SU in their last 11 games.
- St. Louis are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against Anaheim.
- St. Louis are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- St. Louis are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Anaheim.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Anaheim’s last 9 games against St. Louis.
- Anaheim are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Anaheim are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against St. Louis.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Anaheim’s last 9 games this season.
Blues vs Ducks Expert Analysis and Prediction
While St. Louis has gone a dismal 6-21-1 in the last 28 meetings between these two teams when they meet in Anaheim, the Blues should be very focused to get back in the win column in this affair and I believe they will after struggling a bit over their last three games. St. Louis averages almost a goal per more than Anaheim while simultaneously giving up almost a goal per game less than the Ducks. Prior to their last four games, Anaheim had dropped four of six. The Ducks have allowed five goals or more three times over their last 10 games while scoring two goals or less in four of their last 10. With St. Louis scoring four goals or more in four of their last 10 games, I like the defending champs to get it done in this one!
Pick: St. Louis 3 Anaheim 2