The Philadelphia Flyers will look to remain red-hot when they host the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night. With Philly playing its best hockey of the season and Carolina desperately looking to reach the playoffs, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds for the Hurricanes vs Flyers.
Hurricanes vs Flyers 2020 NHL Game Preview & Betting Odds
- When: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center
- TV: NSPA, NBCS
- NHL Odds: Carolina +110/Philadelphia -130 / Total: 6
Why Bet On Carolina at +110
The Hurricanes have lost three straight and four of their last five including a crushing 4-3 overtime loss against Montreal on Saturday. Carolina hasn’t won a game since Zamboni driver David Ayres got a headline-making win as an emergency backup at Toronto on Feb. 22. With its top two goaltenders – Petr Mrazek (lower-body) and James Reimer (concussion) injured that night, backups Alex Nedeljkovic and Anton Forsberg have allowed 11 goals in three games while virtually splitting time.Offense:
- Goals For: 3.2
- Shots For: 33.3
- Power Plays: 21,5
- Face-Offs: 50.7
- Goals Against: 2.9
- Shots Against: 29.4
- Penalty Kills: 83.0
- Shutouts: 4
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
- Hurricanes are 18-43 in their last 61 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Hurricanes are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Hurricanes are 4-12 in their last 16 vs. Metropolitan.
- Hurricanes are 1-4 in their last 5 overall.
Why Bet On Philadelphia at -130
The Flyers are on fire, having won seven straight and eight of their last nine games including a statement-making 5-2 smackdown of longtime rival Washington on Wednesday night. Philly moved within one point of the Capitols in the Metro division with the win. The Flyers are 16-4-1 since Jan. 13. Travis Konecny scored his team-high 24th goal on Wednesday and has 13 of his team-leading 61 points, including five goals, during the Flyers’ winning streak. Kevin Hayes recorded his 23rd goal and added an assist in the win while backup goalie Brian Elliott stopped 25 shots to get the win.Offense:
- Goals For: 3.3
- Shots For: 31.5
- Power Plays: 21.6
- Face-Offs: 54.5
- Goals Against: 2.8
- Shots Against: 28.5
- Penalty Kills: 81.3
- Shutouts: 2
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
- Flyers are 6-0 in their last 6 games following a win.
- Flyers are 5-0 in their last 5 vs. Metropolitan.
- Flyers are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Flyers are 6-1 in their last 7 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Flyers are 16-5 in their last 21 overall.
- Flyers are 21-7 in their last 28 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Flyers are 19-7 in their last 26 home games.
Hurricanes vs Flyers Expert Analysis and Prediction
Carolina has won five of their last seven meetings against Philadelphia, but that was then and right now, the Flyers are the better team at both ends of the ice. The favorite in this rivalry has gone 4-1 in the last 5 meetings and Carolina is an uninspiring 2-5 in their last 7 games against a team with a winning record. With Philadelphia going 16-5 in their last 21 games and a scorching 19-7 in their last 26 home games, I like Philly to get it done in a thriller while battling weary legs after playing on Wednesday night.
Pick: Philadelphia 3 Carolina 2