The Dallas Stars head to Nashville to take on the Predators as big underdogs on Thursday, Feb. 7. Nashville remains one of the top teams in NHL, but Dallas has an exceptional defense. Will the Stars use their defense to pull off the upset? Or, will the Preds protect their home ice?
Stars vs Predators NHL Betting Odds & Expert Prediction
- When: Thursday, Feb. 7 at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
- TV: FSTN / FSSW
- Radio: Dallas / Nashville
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Nashville -165
- Over/Under Total Odds: 5.5
Why Dallas Stars are a good bet +135?
Dallas doesn’t have a winning road record at only 10-13-2-0, but they’ve been on a massive tear lately. The Stars head to Nashville with a terrific 5 straight wins.
One of the victories was only 5 days ago versus the Predators. As a +155 dog, Dallas beat the Preds 3-1 in Nashville. Everything seems to be coming together for the Stars at the right time. If the Stars could beat Nashville on the road 5 days ago, they can beat Nashville on the road on Thursday.
- Goals For: 2.6
- Shots For: 30.1
- Power Plays: 21.6%
- Face-Offs: 51.9%
- Goals Against: 2.5
- Shots Against: 31
- Penalty Kills: 83.8%
- Shutouts: 3
Why Nashville Predators are a good bet -165?
The Predators did lose to 1-3 to Dallas on Feb. 2, but things could go differently for Nashville on Feb. 7. The Preds had won 3 straight before the Star surprised them this past Saturday. Nashville took Wednesday off after beating the Coyotes 5-2 on Tuesday night.
The Predators are an excellent 17-10-0-0 at home. They should exact revenge over the Stars especially since they got a win after losing to Dallas on Feb. 2.
- Goals For: 3.1
- Shots For: 32.4
- Power Plays: 12.7%
- Face-Offs: 51.5%
- Goals Against: 2.6
- Shots Against: 29.3
- Penalty Kills: 80.8%
- Shutouts: 3
NHL Betting Trends for Stars vs Predators
- Dallas is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Dallas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Dallas’s last 10 games
- Nashville is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Nashville is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Nashville’s last 5 games