The Round of 16 at the Under-20 World Cup runs from Sunday, June 2 to Tuesday, June 4. Check out a preview of the 2019 Under-20 World Cup Round of 16!
2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Round of 16 Odds & Betting Preview
- When: June 2 – June 4, 2019
- Where: Poland
Sunday, June 2
Italy vs Poland
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Italy +104 / Poland +266 / Draw +216
Italy and Japan have already moved on from Group B. On Sunday, Italy battles host team Poland. The host team played very well during the group stage. They finished in third place behind Senegal and Colombia in Group A.
Italy has been one of the top teams in the Under-20 World Cup, though. The Italians are likely to beat Poland on Sunday. The odds aren’t bad either. It’s rare to get above even money odds on a solid squad like the Italian side.
Colombia vs New Zealand
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Colombia -142 / New Zealand +393 / Draw +248
New Zealand finished with 6 points in Group C. That’s why they get a chance to take down one of the top squads from South America, Colombia, on Sunday. Colombia couldn’t catch Senegal in Group A. They only lost the group by a single point, 7 to 6. Colombia’s youth soccer program is as good as any in South America. It’s right up there with Argentina’s. New Zealand is more of a rugby, cricket nation. Colombia should win easily.Pick: Colombia
Monday, June 3
Uruguay vs Ecuador
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Uruguay +150 / Ecuador +191 / Draw +196
Uruguay dominated Group C with 9 points. They not only went 3-0, but they outscored New Zealand, Norway, and Honduras 7-1. The Uruguayans most definitely deserve to be favored in their Monday match with Ecuador. The issue arises when we consider whom Uruguay beat.Norway, Honduras, and New Zealand don’t stand up to whom Ecuador played in Group B. Italy, Japan, and Mexico are much stronger teams. Ecuador can eliminate Uruguay on June 3. Pick: Ecuador
Ukraine vs Panama
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Ukraine -178 / Panama +515 / Draw +264
Senegal vs Nigeria
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Senegal +145 / Nigeria +206 / Draw +189
This could be the most interesting match up in the Round of 16. Senegal, the much smaller African nation, won Group A with a resounding 7 points. Group A not only included host nation Poland, it also included Colombia. Senegal earned their spot in the Round of 16.
So did Nigeria. The Nigerians battled Group D winner the Ukraine as well as top youth soccer nation the United States. Nigeria has a real shot to upset Senegal in regulation on Monday. More than likely, this finishes in a draw before going into extra time and then, possibly, a shootout.
Tuesday, June 4
Japan vs Republic of Korea
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Japan +140 / Republic of Korea +194 / Draw +191
France vs USA
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: France -217 / USA +574 / Draw +261
Argentina vs Mali
- 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Odds: Argentina -161 / Mali +413 / Draw +249