Jake Paul versus Tyron Woodley looks like a go. The two combatants have settled on a place to have their fight, Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, Ohio. Also, Showtime PPV has set the viewing price at $59. All things are on track for Paul to battle Woodley on Aug. 29. With the fight set, it’s time to turn our attention to the latest news so you can keep planning your bets against their Boxing odds for the Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley fight.
Boxing Betting Analysis: Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Is a Go
Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Fight Info And Boxing Lines
- When: Sunday, Aug. 29 at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, Cleveland, OH
- TV / Streaming: Showtime PPV
- Boxing Odds: Paul -155 / Woodley +130
Coach Zahabi thinks Jake will be juiced
Tristar Gym head coach Firas Zahabi believes Jake Paul will be on PEDs while Tyron Woodley won’t.
Per Zahabi, “I didn’t want to mention it, but my number one factor — Jake Paul’s corner, they’re going to be on all sorts of substances. I don’t think they test. Maybe the week of the fight, (but) there’s no USADA. I didn’t want to say, but I think that’s a major factor. When I say he’s bigger and stronger and he’s more athletic, I think he’s basically on PEDs.”
If Zahabi is right, obviously, JP will have a big edge. Then again, PEDs don’t always work the way one expects. What’s interesting is that since Zahabi’s comments, nothing has come from Jake’s camp.
Usually, a whisper Jake and his camp doesn’t agree with causes an uproar. Not in this case, which leads us to believe there may be some truth to the PEDs accusation.
Mousasi believes Paul easily handles Woodley
PEDs or no PEDs, Bellator middleweight titleholder Gerard Mousasi believes Paul easily beats Woodley. Based on Mousasi’s comments, it’s hard to disagree with him.
Per Gerard, Woodley is a “wrestler” with “one-good right hand.” Mousasi claims to have never seen Woodley throw “boxing combinations.”
Mousasi also said Woodley is too small to beat Jake Paul. “Jake Paul is a decent boxer, he’s not bad. People underestimate him, he is bigger and longer. I think he’s going to make it difficult for Woodley.”
Paul versus Woodley undercard bouts set
Showtime has put together an intriguing undercard. Check it out.
- Women’s Featherweight Champion Amanda Serrano vs. Yamileth Mercado – 12 rounds
- Heavyweight – Daniel Dubois vs. Joe Cusumano – 10 rounds
- Welterweight – Montana Love vs. Ivan Baranchyk – 10 rounds
- Super Welterweight – Charles Conwell vs. Lucas Brian Ariel Bastida – 10 rounds
- Cruiserweight – Tommy Fury vs. Anthony Taylor – 6 rounds
Because this is Jake Paul’s first fight after signing the deal with Showtime, he and his camp want to put on a great event, which is why all undercard bouts look competitive.
As far as Paul versus Woodley is concerned, boxing handicappers are leaning towards Paul. The PED rumors may have something to do with it. So does the fact that Showtime has committed to the former YouTube star.
If Showtime thought Paul might lose his first bout, why would they sign him to a multi-fight deal? In any case, the fight is on schedule to happen, which means next week, we’ll turn our attention to what both participants must do to win the bout.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet Boxing Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Match
Boxing Betting Center
Boxing Fights: Odds and Lines
Latest Boxing News:
- Lopez vs. Taylor Odds for the WBO Jr. Welterweight Title on Saturday
- Top Boxing Lines: Shields Battles Cornejo For the Women’s Middleweight Title
- Top Boxing Lines: Conlan vs. Lopez and Wood vs. Lara Top Saturday’s Bouts
- Betting Haney vs. Loma This Saturday Night
- Betting Moloney and Alimkhanuly Championship Bout