On Friday, the first game on the NCAA Tournament schedule is set to take place between the USC Trojans and Michigan State Spartans. This game, set to be held in Columbus, OH, will force the seventh-seeded Trojans to play in a relatively hostile environment. But this one could still go either way, as these two teams have battled consistency issues throughout the season despite claiming at-large bids.
We will now preview the game plus get our betting predictions for this March Madness Round of 64 contest. Keep reading for college basketball lines, analysis, and a free pick for USC Trojans vs. Michigan State.
2023 March Madness Round of 64 Game
No. 10 USC Trojans vs. No. 7 Michigan State Spartans Betting Preview
USC of Pac-12 meets Michigan State of Big Ten in NCAA Tourney First Round
ATS Odds: Michigan State-2
Moneyline Odds: USC +109 / State -133
Over/Under Odds: 134.5 -110
When: Friday, March 17 at 12:1 pm ET
Where: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
TV / Streaming: CBS
Why Bet on No. 10 USC Trojans against No. 7 Michigan State Spartans?
The USC Trojans earned the seventh seed in the East Region, despite a very disappointing campaign in the Pac-12 Tournament. They went one and done in conference tournament action, falling against Arizona State in the quarterfinals. Now, the Trojans are going to need to pick themselves back up on a quick turnaround in order to advance past the first round in March Madness.
For the Trojans, getting more efficient performances out of their guards will be important as they look to make a run this March. In the Pac-12 Tournament against Arizona State, Drew Peterson went just 2/12 from the field, which really hampered the Trojans’ chances of winning that game. While USC needs to be aggressive from the guard spots in this contest, they cannot shoot themselves out of this game either.
Why Bet on No. 7 Michigan State Spartans against No. 10 USC Trojans?
The Michigan State Spartans ended up with the 10th seed in the East Region, and were one of the final at-large teams in the NCAA Tournament. They also went one-and-done in their conference tournament, dropping their opener to Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament. Michigan State is led by a veteran March Madness coach in Tom Izzo, but this is far from one of their best teams under him.
Three-point shooting was an issue for the Spartans against Ohio State, and it will be a priority for them if they want to beat USC. Michigan State shot just 18.8% from three-point range against Ohio State, making just three of their 16 attempts from long distance. If that number does not improve here, it will be a long afternoon and a short time in the tournament for Tom Izzo’s team.
No. 10 vs. No. 7 Michigan State Betting Trends
- USC have covered the Spread in 15 of their last 24 away games
- USC has hit the 1H Game Total Over in 9 of their last 13 away games
- USC has hit the Team Total Under in 16 of their last 27 games
- USC have covered the 1H Spread in 5 of their last 7 games
- Michigan State has hit the 1H Moneyline in 23 of their last 36 games
- Michigan State have covered the 1H Spread in 24 of their last 37 games
- Michigan State has hit the Moneyline in 17 of their last 21 games at home
- Michigan State has hit the Game Total Under in 9 of their last 12 games at home
- Michigan State have covered the Spread in 14 of their last 23 games at home
USC Trojans vs. Michigan State Spartans Final Betting Preview | Keys to the Game
The biggest key to this game for USC has to be defending the three-point line as they take on a Michigan State team that has been struggling from deep. If they give up too many open looks, and let the Spartans gain some confidence from there, USC could be in trouble. Expect Andy Enfield’s team to guard aggressively from the outside and to make Michigan State win with twos.
On the Michigan State side, the key to this game is forcing someone other than Boogie Ellis to beat them. Ellis is such a dynamic guard that a big game from him could end up making a difference in this contest. Even if they have to run double teams at him to get the ball out of his hands, the key is to make sure he isn’t making the big shots that could end Michigan State’s season in round one.
March Madness Round of 64 Lines | Bet USC vs. Michigan State Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Basketball Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
College Basketball Betting Center
NCAAB Odds and Lines
|March Madness Odds|
|NIT | CIT | CBI|
Latest College Basketball News:
- Final Four Odds, Picks, Betting Lines and Prediction: FAU vs San Diego State, Miami vs UConn
- NIT Championship Odds for Final Game: UAB vs North Texas Betting Picks and Prediction
- College Basketball Championship 2023 Odds, Lines and Prediction Update
- Great College Basketball Betting Picks for NIT’s Semifinals
- Elite Eight March Madness Odds: Miami vs. Texas Betting Analysis & Prediction