There are certain teams in the NHL who are always expected to be good, regardless of any changes made in the offseason. The LA Kings have won 2 of the last 4 Stanley Cups, and while last season was definitely considered a down year, they were expected to come back with a vengeance this season. They are finally starting to put things together, and will try to keep things rolling when they head into Philadelphia to face the Flyers on Tuesday.
Flyers vs Kings NHL Odds Game Information and Opening LinesDate/Time: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:00 PM ETVenue: Wells Fargo CenterOpening Lines: Philadelphia +135, Los Angeles -145(Live Streaming Option)
The Kings (11-6-0) looked to be in some serious trouble at the start of the season, losing their first 3 games and only scoring a pair of goals in the process. They are proof that you should never judge a team based on their early season performances, though, as they have come charging back and now hold the top spot in the Pacific Division. They are still not performing as well as they would like on offense, as their 2.5 goals per game scoring rate has them right in the middle of the pack. That is offset somewhat by the performance of Jonathon Quick in net, and a defense that is 3rd in the league with just 2.1 goals per game conceded thus far. Given those defensive numbers, it really shouldn’t come as a major surprise to learn that the penalty kill unit is also in the top 3 in the league. The month of November has been a little up and down so far, with the Kings going 4-3 through the early part of the month. It was widely believed that the Flyers (6-8-3), who are in something of a rebuilding mode, would not likely be challenging for a playoff spot. That has indeed proven to be the case, as this team has had its struggles at both ends of the ice. Scoring has been a particular problem for the Flyers this season, and their 1.9 goals per game average has them sitting second from bottom in the league. They are in a pretty similar spot in terms of goals against per game and special teams, which is making it pretty much impossible for them to win on a consistent basis. The Flyers are just 2-4-1 in the month of November, and have only scored 12 goals in those 7 games. They are essentially treading water in terms of their stats right now, which means the losses are likely to continue piling up.
What a game! Hard to have a better Saturday night than that. TWEETS OF THE GAME: https://t.co/1BUbOgSxPZ pic.twitter.com/CwAlLGAW1p— LA Kings (@LAKings) November 15, 2015
Key NHL Odds Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Los Angeles’s last 11 games when playing Philadelphia
- Los Angeles is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Los Angeles’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games when playing Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Philadelphia’s last 11 games when playing Los Angeles
- Philadelphia is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing at home against Los Angeles