Over the years, we have seen NHL playoff series turn on a single event. Game 3 of the series between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals had two such events, and those moments may be what alters the course of this series in favor of the Capitals. The first big moment came when Sidney Crosby of the Penguins took a vicious crosscheck to the head in the opening period. He was taken off, and did not return for the remainder of the game. The second big turning point came when Ryan Shattenkirk scored the winning goal for the Capitals in OT, as that goal prevented them from going down 3-0 in the series and moving to the brink of elimination. Playoff series tend to be all about momentum, and it’s fair to say that the Capitals swung things in their direction with this big win. It’s a big win, but the Caps are still in trouble, as they have one more game to play in Pittsburgh before heading home. It goes without saying that they would feel a whole lot better going back with this series tied. Find the latest NHL betting odds here.
Washington At Pittsburgh NHL Game 4 Winning Predictions
Written by Henry Watkins on May 2, 2017
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NHL Playoffs Betting Predictions for Conferences Eastern and Western
- NHL Betting Opportunities for Week 23 of the Season
- NHL Betting Opportunities for the Top Games in Week 23
- NHL Betting Opportunities for the Weekend Games for Week 22
- NHL Betting Predictions for Week 22: 4 Games to Wager On
- NHL Betting Action this Weekend with Interesting Games to Win Big
- NHL Trade Rumors: Patrick Kane and his impact in the New York Rangers Betting Odds
- NHL Stanley Cup Odds and Trade Deadline: Timo Meier to Devils, Patrick Kane to Rangers?
- NHL Betting Predictions for Week 21: Best Games to Wager On this Week
- Two Great NHL Betting Opportunities for Games to this Weekend
- NHL Betting Predictions for Week 20: Best Games to Wager On this Week
- NHL Trade Rumors: Timo Meier May and Potential Suitors, Final Game with Sharks?
- NHL Betting Predictions for Weekend’s Best Games to Wager On
- Updated NHL Stanley Cup Odds & Betting Predictions (February 13th)
- NHL Betting Predictions for Week 19: Best Games to Wager On this Week