With both, the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers losing a bit of ground on the division-leading Chicago Cubs on Thursday, both NL Central playoff hopefuls will look to give their postseason hopes a boost by getting a big victory when they square off on Friday night. The Cardinals lost to Washington on Thursday to sink five games back of Chicago as they sit in third place in the NL Central while the Brewers lost to Chicago fall 3.5 games behind the Cubs.Okay, if it’s MLB Betting value you’re looking for, then consider your ticket punched.
Brewers vs Cardinals MLB Betting Lines & Expert Prediction
- When: Friday, August 17 at 8:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, Missouri
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Betting Lines: Milwaukee Brewers +109 / St. Louis Cardinals -119 (Total 8)
- Milwaukee Brewers – RH Freddy Peralta (5-3, 4.47 ERA)
- St. Louis Cardinals – RH Jack Flaherty (6-6, 3.22)
Why Bet on Milwaukee?Why should you bet on the Brewers in this contest? Sheer desperation would be the best reason. Milwaukee isn’t really playing good baseball right now, having lost 2 of 3 and 4 of their last six games overall, not to mention the fact that Freddy Peralta has gotten smacked around recently by allowing a whopping seven runs in two of his last four starts, including an ugly three-inning performance at Atlanta last Friday.He walked five batters in that start outing and has 33 passes issued in his first 56.1 innings. The 22-year-old is facing the Cardinals for the first time and has a 5.17 ERA on the road.
Why Bet on St. Louis?Why should you bet on the Cardinals in this contest? Because they’re playing great baseball at the moment and playing at home where they’ve been absolutely incendiary. The Cards may have suffered a narrow 5-4 loss to Washington on Thursday night, but they won eight straight and 10 of 11 just prior to that defeat. The loss was St. Louis’ first home loss since July 31.Right-hander Flaherty is 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA in August and struck out a career-high 13 while giving up just a solo homer in a seven-inning no-decision performance on June 22.
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing St. Louis
- Milwaukee is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 8 games
- St. Louis is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- St. Louis is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis last 6 games