Baseball is back! On Saturday, two of the top rivals in MLB head to the diamond when the Milwaukee Brewers battle the Chicago Cubs. The Cubbies went through major changes after the 2019 season, including going with former catcher David Ross to manage. Check out our baseball betting analysis and free pick for Saturday’s matchup between the Brewers and Cubs so you can make your bets against their MLB odds.
MLB Brewers vs Cubs Odds & Free Pick for July 25th
General Game Info Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
- When: Saturday, July 25 at 10:05 pm ET
- Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
Why bet on the Brewers moneyline?
The Milwaukee Brewers are a fantastic 5-1 SU in the last 6 versus the Cubs. Milwaukee beat the Cubs 3 straight to end the 2019 MLB Regular Season.
If Corbin Burnes, Chicago’s scheduled starting pitcher for Saturday, can put in 4 to 5 solid innings, the Brewers will have a shot. Milwaukee averaged 4.75 runs last season. The team ERA was 4.40, which ranked 16th.
Why bet on the Cubs moneyline?
The Cubbies have scheduled Yu Darvish to start on Saturday. Darvish had a 6-8 record and 3.98 ERA last season. His WHIP was 1.10. Those bullish on the Cubs should look to the WHIP for confidence.
1.20 is considered great. 1.10 is considered awesome. Darvish mixes up his pitches, but he usually throws the 4-seam fastball. When he’s right, Yu’s fastball is as devastating as any starter in baseball.
Brewers vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs went 2-10 SU in their last 12 games in 2019
- Chicago went 7-10 SU in their last 17 games in 2019
- Over was 5-1 in the Cubs last 6 games in 2019
- The Cubs beat Minnesota 4-3 in their final Summer Camp game
- The Brewers went 7-3 SU in their final 10 games in 2019
- Milwaukee went 11-4 SU in their final 15 games in 2019
- Under was 5-4-1 in Milwaukee’s 10 final games in 2019
- The Brewers won their final Summer Camp game 5-3 against the Chicago White Sox
Brewers vs Cubs Final Betting Analysis
The Cubs look like a solid play to beat the Brewers in this matchup. But we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves and dump on Chicago.
We’re not sure which team is better in a 60-game season. Not only that, but Yu Darvish, the Cubs’ listed starter for Saturday, wasn’t even positive that he wanted to play this season. His heart doesn’t seem in it.
That’s the first thing to consider. The second are betting odds. Odds won’t come out until Saturday morning. When they do, and Darvish remains the starter, Milwaukee figures to be a massive overlay.
The Brewers have a better batting lineup. Christian Yelich is an NL MVP contender. Also, let’s not forget that Milwaukee dominated the Cubs in the final series between these two last year. Go Brewers.
- MLB Free Pick: Milwaukee Brewers moneyline