Two of the teams in the National League that are projected to be the worst will get together in Philadelphia on Wednesday night. The San Diego Padres were swept at the start of the MLB betting season by the Los Angeles Dodgers, and then backed it up with winning three out of four over the Colorado Rockies. The Padres beat Philadelphia in the opening game of this series. For the Philadelphia Phillies, they are 2-5 on the season. The Phillies are third in the National League East. MLB.tv Starting Pitchers: Rea vs. Eickhoff MLB Odds: TBA Why Bet the Padres? The San Diego Padres got off to a slow start, but have recently won three out of their last four games. The Padres scored 32 runs in the three game series in Colorado. San Diego’s offense has been anchored by former Most Valuable Player Matt Kemp, with 3 homeruns and 10 runs batted in. The pitcher on the mound on Wednesday for San Diego is going to be Colin Rea. Rea was not very good in his season opening start, lasting just 4.1 innings, retiring just 10 batters, and allowing 6 hits and 5 runs. Why Bet the Phillies? Philadelphia still has Ryan Howard playing first base. The veteran has hit two homeruns to start the season, but is batting .211. The Phillies as a team are batting .230, and 23rd in the league with just 18 runs scored. Philadelphia is excited about several of their regular seasons, like third basemen Maikel Franco and second basemen Cesar Hernandez. Jerad Eickhoff is on the mound for the Phillies. Eickhoff is 25 years old, and off to an 0-1 start. The right hander took a loss to the New York Mets, lasting 5 innings, allowing 5 hits and 2 runs. Expert Betting Pick & Final Score Prediction These two teams neither one have the confidence that they will go out every single night and win baseball games. The San Diego Padres and Philadelphia Phillies are likely going to finish the season under .500. But, in this game, someone has to win. The Padres are sending Colin Rea, while the Phillies are sending Jerad Eickhoff. Look for both pitchers to have short outings, and the bullpen’s do the dirty work. In the end, the Philadelphia Phillies -110 are the bet, due to being at home. The final score prediction for this game is Philadelphia Phillies 6-5 over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 6 | MLB Betting Lines
- MLB Rumors: Mets Want To Keep Baez, Yankees Will Keep Boone
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 4 Preview and Betting Odds
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?