It wasn’t so very long ago that the idea of an NBA All-Star Game going ahead seemed impossible, but come March 7 in Atlanta, we will have a game. There have been some players who have been unhappy with this event going ahead, but as it stands now, all the players voted in who are healthy will be in attendance. There are going to be some differences this weekend, though, compared to what we are used to, which is what we are going to get into first. Let’s get right to it so you can make your bets against their NBA odds.
NBA Betting Preview for the 2021 All Star Game
All-Star Game Format
Rather than being a whole weekend of events, the All-Star festivities will take place on a single night this coming Sunday. How will that work? Let’s take a look and see. Prior to the start of the game, we will have the skills contest and the 3-point shootout, while the half-time show will include the dunk contest. Given that there are not going to be any fans in attendance, it will be interesting to see how these events go, as it’s very often the energy in the building that gets players fired up for these contests.
- The Skills Contest – This is due to start at 6:30 PM on Sunday night and will have the following players taking part – Robert Covington (Trail Blazers), Luka Doncic (Mavericks), Chris Paul (Suns), Julius Randle (Knicks), Domantas Sabonis (Pacers), Nikola Vucevic (Magic).
- 3-Point Contest – As mentioned earlier, this event will also take place before the All-Star Game tip-off, with the following players set to take part – Devin Booker (Suns), Jaylen Brown (Celtics), Stephen Curry (Warriors), Zach LaVine (Bulls), Donovan Mitchell (Jazz), Jayson Tatum (Celtics).
- Dunk Contest – This is always one of the most anticipated elements of the All-Star weekend, and while it is now taking place at half-time instead of on a different day, it should still be a ton of fun. The players scheduled to take part are – Anfernee Simons (Trail Blazers), Cassius Stanley (Pacers), Obi Toppin (Knicks).
The Game Format
As it has gone for the past few seasons, we will once again have a pair of captains picking the lineups for each team. LeBron James will be looking for his 4th straight win, while Kevin Durant, the other captain, will miss out due to a hamstring injury. Jayson Tatum was called up to replace Durant, but we are not yet sure if the captain will be in attendance or not, but he will still be taking part in the draft.
As the defending champion, Team LeBron will get the first pick in the draft, with that pick most likely to be Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks. After that, the picks could go one of a million ways, but expect to see Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, and Joel Embiid among the first few players to be selected.
Given that we don’t yet know what the teams will look like, there are no odds available as of yet. This is always a fun event to watch and the format changes should not have any real impact on that fun. You can catch the 2021 NBA All-Star Game on TNT.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NBA Lines | Online Betting
MyBookie Odds for the Games
NBA Betting Center
- NBA Lines, Game Preview & Expert Analysis for a potential Final between Mavericks vs Cavaliers
- NBA Basketball Odds for the Best Games in Week 18
- Pistons vs Knicks NBA Lines and Score Prediction considering the terrible Season for Detroit
- Bucks vs Timberwolves NBA Lines, Analysis and Prediction in a potential Finals Preview
- Odds To Win NBA Championship Updated: Online Betting of the Best Teams to Reach the Finals