During the first five games of the 2015-16 season, Dwyane Wade led the Heat from start to finish as NBA odds fans might recall. However, after that, he decided to let a committee approach dictate the fortunes of the team. The Heat began to struggle, though, and so Wade had a conversation with the rest of his team last Thursday during the shoot around, telling them that he would be taking charge of that night’s game against the Sacramento Kings.
There are nights when Wade is a liability. In the Minnesota loss, Wade went just five for 13, completing a four-game stretch when he had only averaged 10.7 points per game, shooting 32.7 percent from the field. He was complaining about the lack of opportunities that he had been getting, but the fact that he was missing so many shots opened up some questions about his physical condition. He denied that he had any health issues, responding that he had sat out a lot of fourth quarters when the team was ahead by double digits.
Wade told ESPN.com, “Watching film, I felt like I was getting great opportunities [but] I just felt I needed to get aggressive offensively. Sometimes, I get into the mode of too much playmaking and maybe my shot became secondary. So I just decided to flip it.”
Chris Bosh joked that Wade should have to get 10 assists when he decides he’s going to take 20 shots. However, he went on to tell ESPN.com, “He needs to get into a rhythm, so he was attacking and we liked every shot that he shot. To get him involved again like that and to get him into a rhythm is very crucial for this team.”
The Heat have a good deal of talent and the potential to contend, particularly in the East, but for now, they are waiting to find some consistency. Hopefully Wade’s change will contribute to that.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On
- Top NBA Week 1 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week
- NBA Rumors: Wiggins Gets COVID Vaccine, But What About Kyrie?
- NBA Preseason Top Value Games
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III