Last week, we did not see that many changes in the National Rankings at the top, but that is not the case this week. Outside of the top two, which remains the same, we are seeing a lot of movement, which is how things might play out as we head into the final few weeks of the regular season. March Madness feels like it’s just around the corner and we now have a lot of teams starting to think about seeding and their potential path to a championship. That’s a conversation for a later date, so for now, let’s focus on the rankings this week so you can continue placing your bets against their College Basketball odds.
Updated Midweek College Basketball Power Rankings
- Gonzaga Bulldogs – Due to a postponement, the Bulldogs only managed to squeeze in a single game last week, but it was one that they won going away, which is becoming a common theme for this team. They now have just 3 games remaining in the regular season, all of which come against teams that they have beaten rather easily already this season. Unless some major upset happens, Gonzaga will end the season ranked #1.
- Baylor Bears – The Bears remain unbeaten at 17-0, but they are also in a tough spot right now due to COVID becoming a major issue within the program. They have now had to postpone 5 straight games and will not take the court again until the 20th of the month, at the very earliest. That’s a long layoff and you have to worry how it will affect them once they do finally return.
- Michigan Wolverines – Michigan is another team that is seeing their schedule disrupted, as they have now had 3 straight games postponed due to the virus. They are set to return this weekend and have a tough stretch of games to close out the season. Of the 6 games that they have left, 4 of them are against ranked opposition.
- Ohio State Buckeyes – A nice little jump for the Buckeyes this week, as they move up 3 spots into the #4 position. They have now won 5 in a row and have taken down a pair of top 10 teams in the process, with the latest of those victories coming against #8 ranked Iowa. The Buckeyes may be getting into a groove at just the right time, so keep an eye on this team.
- Villanova Wildcats – The Wildcats were able to bounce back with a won over Georgetown last week after their loss to St. John’s, but that was not enough to prevent them from dropping a couple of spots in the National Rankings. They still have 8 games left to play, so plenty of time to start heading in the right direction again.
- Illinois Fighting Illini – Illinois cracked the top 10 in a big way, jumping 6 spots to move up to #6. They are on a 4-game winning streak and have taken down a ranked team in each of the past 2 weeks. Their latest scalp was the Wisconsin Badgers, who they beat 75-60 this past weekend.
- Texas Tech Red Raiders – Another team making a big move, the Red Raiders jumped 6 spots to land at #7 this week. This move may prove to be short-lived, though, as they lost to West Virginia to start the week and have a game against Baylor coming this weekend.
College Basketball Betting News
- Posts not found