As we head into the final week of the regular season and the penultimate game before conference championship weekend, there are still several teams holding out hope of a playoff spot. No team in the top 4 at the moment can really be considered safe, especially if the drop a game over the next couple of weeks. We really have no idea of how the playoff committee is going to vote if things do not go the way of the top 4 between now and the release of the final rankings. One team that needs some serious help is the Alabama Crimson Tide, as they do not have the benefit of an SEC Championship appearance to help their cause.
Let’s not forget, though, that they were in the same position a couple of years back. They got in then and went on to win the National Championship. It could happen again, but everyone is in agreement that they need to lay a serious beating on Auburn in the Iron Bowl to be in the conversation. The Crimson Tide head out on the road as a 4-point favorite, with the point total set at 49 ½.
Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, November 30 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- College Football Week 14 Odds: Alabama -4 (Total 49.5)
Why bet on the Alabama Crimson Tide?Looking at the current standings and the games remaining, the odds would appear to be rather heavily stacked against the Alabama Crimson Tide. Their worst case scenario would be winning tomorrow and then sitting back next week and watching Georgia beat LSU in the SEC Championship Game, as that would definitely see them out of the top 4 for the first time since the playoffs were implemented.
Alabama are winners in 9 of their last 10 games, with that lone loss coming at the hands of LSU. They have beaten Auburn in 7 of their last 10 meetings, but without their starting QB this weekend, things might not be as easy as they would like. Alabama is just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 visits to Auburn.
- Points per Game: 48.55
- Passing Yards: 344.27
- Rushing Yards: 168.91
- Yards per Play: 7.95
- Points per Game: 16.18
- Passing Yards: 184.36
- Rushing Yards: 130.91
- Yards per Play: 4.74
Why bet on the Auburn Tigers?Auburn has been a little hit and miss coming down the stretch, going just 2-2 over their last 4 games. It should be noted, though, that their 2 losses came against teams currently sitting in the top 4, with those defeats coming at the hands of LSU and Georgia. While that would not seem to bode well for this weekend, it is worth remembering that Auburn has won 2 of the last 3 times that Alabama has come to town, so perhaps we should not write them off entirely ahead of this massive game.
After all, you can bet that Auburn would love to be the team that ensures Alabama does not make the playoffs. Auburn is 8-3 SU in their last 11 games played in the month of November and are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
- Points per Game: 32.73
- Passing Yards: 213.45
- Rushing Yards: 213.73
- Yards per Play: 5.67
- Points per Game: 16.18
- Passing Yards: 196.91
- Rushing Yards: 109.64
- Yards per Play: 4.48
Alabama vs Auburn College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Crimson Tide are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Crimson Tide are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Alabama’s last 5 games played in November
- Tigers are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Auburn’s last 5 games this season
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Alabama vs AuburnThe pressure here is all on Alabama, as they need to deliver a resounding win if they are to have any shot at a top 4 appearance. Can they get that without Tua under center? I am on Alabama to win, but I have a hunch that this thing is going to be close.
Score: Alabama Crimson Tide 33 – Auburn Tigers 30
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info