While we are still very early in the college football season, 2 games is still a good opportunity to build up an idea of what we can expect from each team, especially those considered to be serious contenders for a National Championship. There are really only a handful of teams who fall into that category, with the rest either looking at playing the dark horse role and getting into the conference championship game or doing enough to work their way into one of the bigger bowl games. In terms of the Power 5 Conferences, it may well be the PAC 12 that is the most wide-open of the bunch, which means that the Sun Devils might just like their chances there.
Things are not quite so tight in the Big Ten, but with the Michigan Wolverines looking a little wobbly through the opening 2 weeks, the Michigan State Spartans might just fancy their chances. The Spartans will be at home this weekend to host the Arizona State Sun Devils, with Michigan State favored by 14. The point total for this one has been set at 42.
Arizona State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 3 Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, September 14, 4 PM EST
- Where: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Football Week 3 Odds: Michigan State -14 (Total 42)
Why bet on the Arizona State Sun Devils?
You could argue that they have been good on the defensive side of the football, but how is that going to hold up against one of the better teams in the Power 5? The Sun devils have been good against the Big Ten, going 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games versus teams from that conference. Where they have not been good, though, is on the road, going just 5-15 SU in their last 20 games away from home.
- Points per Game: 24.50
- Passing Yards: 294.00
- Rushing Yards: 131.00
- Yards per Play: 6.25
- Points per Game: 7.00
- Passing Yards: 171.50
- Rushing Yards: 81.00
- Yards per Play: 3.69
Why bet on the Michigan State Spartans?
It was a very different story last weekend, though, as the offense looked sharp in a commanding 51-17 win over Western Michigan. Which of those offenses will show up this weekend? The Spartans are 14-3 SU in their last 17 September games, but they are also just 2-10 ATS in their last 12 meetings with PAC 12 opposition.
- Points per Game: 28.00
- Passing Yards: 195.00
- Rushing Yards: 108.00
- Yards per Play: 3.88
- Points per Game: 7.00
- Passing Yards: 153.00
- Rushing Yards: 73.00
- Yards per Play: 1.54
Arizona State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 3 Betting Trends
- Arizona State are 5-15 SU in their last 20 games on the road
- Arizona State are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 6 games played in week 3
- Michigan State are 14-3 SU in their last 17 games played in September
- Michigan State are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing as the favorite
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Michigan State’s last 8 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Arizona State vs Michigan State
Score: Arizona State Sun Devils 23 – Michigan State Spartans 27