Could No. 4 Georgia be caught looking ahead to a showdown with top-ranked LSU next week in the SEC title game and overlook rival Georgia Tech this Saturday? This is the Yellow Jackets’ bowl game since they won’t qualify for a postseason game. They are sizable home dogs on the Mybookie NCAAF odds.
How to Bet Georgia at Georgia Tech NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Bobby Dodd Stadium
- TV: ABC
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 14 Lines: Georgia -28 (Total 46.5)
Georgia vs Georgia Tech Last SeasonGeorgia beat Georgia Tech 45-21 last year in Athens. Jake Fromm threw a career-best four touchdown passes, and D’Andre Swift ran for 105 yards. The rivalry game known as “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate” was over by halftime. Georgia went to the locker room with a 38-7 lead. The Bulldogs held a 343-66 edge in total yards, piling up 18 first downs to just four by Georgia Tech. Fromm threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Riley Ridley, a 12-yarder to Jeremiah Holloman and a 44-yarder to Mercole Hardman in the first half. On Georgia’s first series of the second half, he hooked up with Ridley again on a 4-yard scoring pass. Juanyeh Thomas provided Georgia Tech’s only points of the first half on a 100-yard kickoff return.
Georgia leads the series 67-39-5. Since 1995, the winner of the Georgia-Georgia Tech game has been awarded the Governor’s Cup Trophy. Since then, the Bulldogs are 18-6 in that stretch.
Why Bet on Georgia?The Dawgs nearly got caught in a trap game last week vs. Texas A&M but escaped 19-13. Senior Rodrigo Blankenship put his name as Georgia’s career points leader, concluding the game with four field goals. He also extended his school record PATs-made streak to 190. Junior running back D’Andre Swift rushed for 103 yards on 19 carries, averaging 5.4 yards per carry. Defensively, Georgia held the Aggies to -1 rushing yards and 274 total yards on 62 plays.
Blankenship has been named a finalist for the Lou Groza Award that goes to the nation’s top kicker. His 418 career points are a school record as noted above. Blankenship is the SEC’s second leading scorer this year, averaging 9.5 points per game, and has connected on 23-of-26 field goal attempts and all 36 of his PATs. He has drilled three 50-yard field goals during his team’s 10-1 start. Blankenship is the FBS active leader by 15 with a total of 76 made field goals.
Good PerformanceSafety J.R. Reed has been named one of three finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s best defensive back in college football. Former Bulldog All-American and current New York Giants defensive back Deandre Baker won the 2018 Thorpe Award. Reed is fourth on the team with 46 tackles, including two tackles for loss, and has one of the team’s six interceptions.
Reed has helped lead Georgia to the top of the SEC in Scoring Defense at 10.7 points/game (No. 2 nationally), Rushing Defense at 68.5 yards/game (No. 2 nationally) and in Total Defense at 267.8 yards/game (No. 5 nationally). UGA has allowed just a single rushing touchdown and is fourth nationally in Red Zone Defense (68.4 percent).
The Bulldogs have allowed just 118 points in 2019. The school record for lowest points allowed in at least a 12-game season is 198 in 2004 (12 games/16.5 avg.). The school record for the lowest average points allowed in at least a 12-game season is 14.5 in 2003 (14 games/203 pts.).
As for this game, the Bulldogs have won the past nine meetings in Atlanta dating back to 2001.
- Points per Game: 31.18
- Passing Yards: 215.09
- Rushing Yards: 198.45
- Yards per Play: 6.23
- Points per Game: 10.73
- Passing Yards: 199.27
- Rushing Yards: 68.55
- Yards per Play: 4.27
Why Bet on Georgia Tech?This is the season finale for Georgia Tech, which is 3-8 under first-year coach Geoff Collins. The Jackets come off a 28-26 win over NC State last Thursday to snap a three-game losing streak. Sophomore Jordan Mason matched a career high with 141 rushing yards, redshirt freshman James Graham accounted for 241 yards of offense and four touchdowns and true freshman Ahmarean Brown caught two touchdown passes.
In the process, Brown tied the school’s freshman record for touchdown catches in a season (7 — matching the record set by Calvin Johnson in 2004) while Graham pulled within one of the school record for touchdown passes by a freshman (11 – one short of the record of 12 set by Shawn Jones in 1989).
Graham’s three touchdown passes give him 11 for the season, which moved him within one of the Georgia Tech freshman record of 12 touchdown passes, set by Shawn Jones in 1989. Graham accounted for four total touchdowns (three passing, one rushing), the most by a Yellow Jacket since Marshall accounted for four vs. Virginia Tech on Nov. 11, 2017.
Big NumbersGeorgia Tech’s 28 points matched a season high as were its 395 yards. Georgia Tech moved to 19-4 against its rotating opponents from the ACC Atlantic Division since the league began divisional play in 2005.
With season-ending injuries to WR Jalen Camp, OL Kenny Cooper and OL/DL Jahaziel Lee, Georgia Tech is down to eight seniors on its active roster. Texas A&M is the only NCAA Division I FBS teams with fewer seniors (6). Those eight seniors will be honored on Saturday.
The Georgia Tech-Georgia series is one of major college football’s oldest and most-played rivalries. Only 12 NCAA Division I FBS rivalries began before Georgia Tech and Georgia played for the first time in 1893 and only 17 FBS rivalries have been played more often than the 113 previous editions of “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.”
Tech has never beaten Georgia when it was ranked in the Top 5, going 0-10.
- Points per Game: 17.55
- Passing Yards: 142.45
- Rushing Yards: 157.27
- Yards per Play: 5.00
- Points per Game: 30.64
- Passing Yards: 201.00
- Rushing Yards: 215.00
- Yards per Play: 5.73
Georgia vs Georgia Tech College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Georgia Tech
- Road team is 16-4-1 ATS in their last 21 meetings
- Favorite is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Bulldogs are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games played in November
- Bulldogs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against Georgia Tech
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Georgia’s last 5 games this season
- Yellow Jackets are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in November
- Yellow Jackets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Georgia Tech’s last 6 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Georgia vs Georgia TechGeorgia 35 – Georgia Tech 10
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info