The college football playoff committee have now released their first two sets of rankings and we have seen some big changes happen through the first two weeks of their involvement. The big talking point with their initial rankings was that the Clemson Tigers were shut out of the top 4. That snub didn’t last long, though, as a pair of losses by top 4 teams saw Clemson back into the top 4 this week, with Alabama the latest team to be left out. There are still a lot of big games to come this season, some of which are going to have a huge impact on how those final rankings look.
The Ohio State Buckeyes are in right now, but with Penn State and Michigan still on their regular season schedule, you wonder if they will be able to stay there. They should certainly have no problem maintaining their top 3 status and unbeaten record this weekend, as they will be off to New Jersey to face a very poor Rutgers team. The Buckeyes are in as a 53-point favorite, with the point total set at 61 ½.
Ohio State vs Rutgers 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Expert Prediction
- When: Saturday, November 16 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: HighPoint.com Stadium, Piscataway
- TV: BTN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: BTN+
- College Football Week 12 Spread: Ohio State -53 (Total 61.5)
Why bet on the Ohio State Buckeyes?
The Buckeyes lost their #1 spot in the rankings this weekend, leapfrogged by an LSU team that just downed Alabama. With two massive games against ranked opponents still to come before the end of the regular season, they will certainly have an opportunity to win the top spot back. Before they get into that part of the schedule, though, they have what looks to be a bit of a straightforward task ahead of them this weekend with a road trip to Rutgers.
While the point spread here is ridiculously high, let’s not forget that this is a team that is averaging 51 PPG and who just dropped 72 points on Maryland, who are subjectively better than Rutgers. The Buckeyes are also a perfect 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games against teams from the Big Ten.
- Points per Game: 51.00
- Passing Yards: 240.67
- Rushing Yards: 296.11
- Yards per Play: 7.24
- Points per Game: 8.56
- Passing Yards: 126.56
- Rushing Yards: 88.22
- Yards per Play: 3.52
Why bet on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights?
Trying to find a reason to wager on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in this game is akin to finding the proverbial needle in the haystack. This is a team that is just 2-18 SU in their last 20 games, so we can immediately rule out any chance of a major upset here in terms of a straight up bet. They are 0-5 SU against the Buckeyes and have been outscored by close to 50 PPG in those previous meetings, which makes the point spread for this one seem suddenly realistic.
The Scarlet Knights have mot been a great bet against the spread either, though, going just 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall. The one way to play them might well be with the UNDER, with 10 of their last 15 games going that route.
- Points per Game: 14.67
- Passing Yards: 143.22
- Rushing Yards: 136.44
- Yards per Play: 4.58
- Points per Game: 36.67
- Passing Yards: 232.56
- Rushing Yards: 198.44
- Yards per Play: 6.26
Ohio State vs Rutgers College Football Week 12 Betting Trends
- Buckeyes are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games played in November
- Buckeyes are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 12
- Scarlet Knights are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games this season
- Scarlet Knights are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Rutgers’ last 15 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
If tis game were a prize fight, it would likely be called in the opening quarter, as I think the Buckeyes are going to come out with the pedal to the metal. I am on Ohio State to cover, taking the point total OVER all on their own.
Score: Ohio State Buckeyes 72 – Rutgers Scarlet Knights 0
More Week 11 College Football Betting News
- Nevada vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Clemson vs North Carolina State 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Duke 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- LSU vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Connecticut vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
- College Football Picks Week Eleven (Ep. 749)
- Kansas State vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Expert Analysis
- East Carolina vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 11 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 11 ATS Betting Picks