While there is a lot of college football being played on any given weekend, it’s certainly fair to suggest that most of the attention is paid to the Power 5 conferences. After all, that is where the top 4 teams are most likely to come from, while also being the conferences that get most of the play on national television. It can be argued that the winners of those conferences have become a little predictable over the years, as it seems to consistently be the same teams who win the crown and move into the postseason.
In the case of the Big Ten, it is the Ohio State Buckeyes who have ruled the roost, and with Michigan already struggling, you do have to wonder where their challenger is going to come from this season. Since they play in the same division, all signs would seem to point to the Penn State Nittany Lions potentially being that challenger. They will be at home this weekend looking to defend their unbeaten season record against the Purdue Boilermakers. Penn State are in as a 28-point favorite, with the point total set at 55 ½.
Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- When: Saturday, October 5, 12 PM EST
- Where: Beaver Stadium, University Park
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 6 Lines: Penn State -28 (Total 56)
- Mostly Sunny: 15°C/59°F
- Humidity: 64%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover:30%
- Wind: 8 mph SE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Purdue Boilermakers?
It has not been the ideal start to the season for the Purdue Boilermakers, as they come into this one sitting at 1-3 on the season, while already picking up a loss in conference play. They are getting set to head into the heart of their Big Ten Schedule and already look like a longshot for a bowl game. It is defense, or lack thereof, that is hurting Purdue, as they have now surrendered 30+ points in all of their games except one, a 41-24 win over Vanderbilt.
That is not a good spot to be in when you are about to go on the road to face a Penn State team that has been scoring for fun. The Boilermakers are winless in their last 8 meetings with the Nittany Lions, as well as being just 3-10-1 ATS in their last 14.
- Points per Game: 28.67
- Passing Yards: 371.00
- Rushing Yards: 50.00
- Yards per Play: 6.16
- Points per Game: 30.67
- Passing Yards: 263.33
- Rushing Yards: 175.33
- Yards per Play: 5.62
Why bet on the Penn State Nittany Lions?
The Penn State Nittany Lions have been a bit of an offensive juggernaut through their opening 4 games of the season, although they did also get one scare along the way. That one came a couple of weeks back when they were forced to work extra hard to grind out a 17-10 win over the Pittsburgh Panthers.
Every team, no matter how good they are, seems to have to face one of those types of games every season, so escaping unscathed is always a good thing. That game aside, the Nittany Lions have been unstoppable, outscoring their opponents by a combined score of 183-20 in their other 3 games. They are 6-0 SU in their last 6 at home and have beaten Purdue in 7 of their last 8 at home. In Week 6 games, Penn State are 5-1 ATS in their last 6.
- Points per Game: 50.00
- Passing Yards: 316.00
- Rushing Yards: 193.50
- Yards per Play: 7.52
- Points per Game: 7.50
- Passing Yards: 206.50
- Rushing Yards: 68.00
- Yards per Play: 3.95
Purdue vs Penn State College Football Week 6 Betting Trends
- Boilermakers are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Penn State
- Boilermakers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Purdue’s last 6 games played in October
- Nittany Lions are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Nittany Lions are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 6
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Penn State’s last 11 games against Purdue
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Purdue vs Penn State
The most obvious pay here, at least in my mind, is the OVER, as the Boilermakers seem incapable of stopping any team from scoring. I think the Nittany Lions win this one big, covering the spread in the process.
Score: Purdue Boilermakers 13 – Penn State Nittany Lions 48
More Week 6 College Football Betting News
- Bowling Green vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Prediction
- Georgia vs Tennessee 2019 College Football Spread, Analysis & Betting Pick
- Texas vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Game Prediction
- Auburn vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Baylor vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Overview & Picks
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Iowa vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Analysis
- College Football Picks Week Six (Ep. 734)
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game Preview
- Oklahoma vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Utah State vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks